PP stamping: courtsey copy or orignal ?

CoolRaj_03

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I was just browsing the forum for the stamping experience at the SFO office, and I cam across a post, that says the person had problem with the original approval copy, as it had the lawyers address. The stamping clerk was going to send the plastic card to that address, and was only convinced otherwise by this guy after showing her the courtsey copy that was directed to his mail address.

Now I too have my original addressed to the lawyer and I believe the original approval copy is always sent to lawyer and we receive just the courtesy copy. Is that a correct assumption?

and in that case has some one else met with the same experience ?

I am going to PP stamping to SFO office Monday, and just want to make sure, I don’t end up in the same situation described in that post.

Advance Thanks,

-CoolRaj

CoolRaj_03 said:
Hi,
I was just browsing the forum for the stamping experience at the SFO office, and I cam across a post, that says the person had problem with the original approval copy, as it had the lawyers address. The stamping clerk was going to send the plastic card to that address, and was only convinced otherwise by this guy after showing her the courtsey copy that was directed to his mail address.

Now I too have my original addressed to the lawyer and I believe the original approval copy is always sent to lawyer and we receive just the courtesy copy. Is that a correct assumption?

and in that case has some one else met with the same experience ?

I am going to PP stamping to SFO office Monday, and just want to make sure, I don’t end up in the same situation described in that post.

Advance Thanks,

-CoolRaj
I don't think its true ...
You can use either one to get the stamp - many folks get too impatient ( understandably so ! ) and go with just their courtesy copy.
You can go with the original if you want to -- there really is no difference

Yes - the original goes to the attorney and a copy to you ( like FP notices )

Plus at the time of stamping, you need to provide the address where you want the card mailed -- the address on the approval form is not binding.

Max21,

Thanks for the reply.

Following is the post I am talking about.

Script "

It's probably better to have the courtesy copy for stamping. I had a weird experience when I went for stamping with my original copy. Follow this link and read patiently, and you'll know what I mean.

http://www.ImmigrationPortal.com/sh...41&referrerid=0

garun
View Public Profile

Script Ends.

Here is the relevant excrept from the URL

13. Since I took the original notice (the one sent to my lawyer), it had my lawyer's address on it. For whatever reason the lady asked me if we had changed address and I said NO. She then told me but this one shows a different address, and I explained her that it was out lawyer's address and surely I don't want the card to be sent there. She understood and made a note on the notice stating that "Please send the card to the following address:" and then wrote down my home address on the notice. So, my advice to you all: Carry your courtesy notice along with your original. Give them the courtesy notice and only produce the original if asked for. This way you'll avoid confusion.

" Ends

Now my question really is, why she would need to make a note of the address on the notice with her scribble [prone to spelling error etc] a address that USCIS already had in their computer database ?

Does that happen frequently and can that be avoided by using the courtsey copy ?

Advance Thanks,

-CoolRaj

Courtesy copy should be fine...

We got our pp stamping done with the courtesy copy only at SFO.

The thing is that the courtesy copy has your address (supposedly your current address) ... and at the time of stamping they confirm the address for the card delivery purpose (I guess). We were also asked to write our phone number under the address on the courtesy copy.

So give them the courtesy copy of the approval to avoid confusion and can also carry original from the lawyer if you have and show them if they want to see. Overall the process is very simple and smooth.

Good Luck.