PP stamped y\'day @ Newark

gc091

Registered Users (C)
AD 06/05

Reached INS office in Broad St @ 9:10. It was pretty crowded at the entrance of the building - was let in by around 10.00. Went to room 200 where all the docs are needed to be put in a small cover and we were fingerprinted and our signatures were taken on a form. The Immigration Officer attached another form (which shouldnt be filled in full - only some fields which were marked by the officer) ang gave back the whole package to us and instructed us to go to 10th floor. We were in room 1022 by around 11:15 and were called to the counter by around 12:30. We handed in the packages and were asked to wait for completing the Security clearance. This by far has been the longest wait - we were finally called around 3:30 pm and finally our passports were stamped and were formally welcomed by the Immigration Officer to USA.

We walked into SSA office by the side and were out in about 20 minutes!

My observations: All this talk of delayed approvals is nonsense - one only needs to see the crowds y\'day waiting to get stamped! For those who have been to Tirupathi in India - u would get the line - it was like waiting in those darshan queues during good ol\' days!! SO REST ASSURED - approvals ARE coming through and in heaping measures!

If you going with kids and/or a strict Vegitarian, go prepared with some food items as the inhouse canteen on 2nd floor doesnt carry Vegetarian food.

Any questions are welcome!

No Title

What are the documents needed for stamping? do we have to get an appointment or just walkin with the approval notice and passport?
thanks in advance

congrats!!!

Docs needed

Any EAD,AP (if u have), I-94, passport 2 ADIT style photos (these are listed on the Approval Notice). U would need only these. I was carrying Employer letter, last 3 paystubs and Tax returns - but never had to show them at any point.

U would get a Courtesy copy of the Approval and your attorney if u have one - the original approval notice.

Docs needed

Any EAD,AP (if u have), I-94, passport 2 ADIT style photos (these are listed on the Approval Notice). U would need only these. I was carrying Employer letter, last 3 paystubs and Tax returns - but never had to show them at any point.

U would get a Courtesy copy of the Approval and your attorney if u have one - the original approval notice.

Docs needed

why did you have to visit the SSA office for ?

Hi,

Congratulations .!!!

I was also there yesterday and went throught the exact things that you have described here. We were there by 7.00 in the morning and so were out by 12.15 p.m.

I was wondering as to why you had to go the SSA office for as I did not go to the SSA office as I already have the SS number for my wife and I.

thanks.

its for this!

Ur socsec card has "Permitted to work with INS authorisation" written on it. You have to get that removed since u dont need INS auth henceforth as u r a permanent resident. U can talk to a SSA officer who can tell u more details.

BTW Congrats to u too!!

why did you have to visit the SSA office for ?

Hi,

Congratulations .!!!

I was also there yesterday and went throught the exact things that you have described here. We were there by 7.00 in the morning and so were out by 12.15 p.m.

I was wondering as to why you had to go the SSA office for as I did not go to the SSA office as I already have the SS number for my wife and I.

thanks.

Docs needed

its for this!

Ur socsec card has "Permitted to work with INS authorisation" written on it. You have to get that removed since u dont need INS auth henceforth as u r a permanent resident. U can talk to a SSA officer who can tell u more details.

BTW Congrats to u too!!

thanks for the info

thanks a lot for the information. I was not aware about this and this will be very useful. I will pass on this useful info to all my friends also.

BTW, I did talk to a few people who were there in the hall yesterday. Are the person who is from Plainsborogh.

Take care.

Yes, they are , only thing is that the wait time will be long.

Yes, they are , only thing is that the wait time will be long.