PP stamped, so confused about the address

GLGC2002

Hi, Guys,
I had my passport stamped today. However, I am so confused about where the plastic card will be sent. Could anybody please shed some light on this? Here is the detail:

I moved from NY to Boston before the approval of I-485. However, the address was not updated in Vermont service center, so I did not receive the courtesy copy of the approval notice. The approval notice that I used for the stamping is the original one that my lawyer forward to me. today I went to the Boston local office to have my passport stamped. The officer asked for passport, I-94, ADIT pictures, I-485 Approval notice. She did not ask for any EAD or AP. Then she started to check on line about my case. She found that the address on line was in NYC. She asked me if I filed Ar-11 form. I said yes and I also informed the service center, but the address was not updated. She looked that she did not even want to know my current address (I am sure she did not know my current address). Then she wrote something on a form(I do know what the form is). After that she asked me to be seated and that I would be called again for finger print. I asked her how to make sure that the card will be sent to my current address. She then gave me a form G-731v and asked me to fill it out and send by myself to Vermont service center to have my address changed. About five minutes later, another lady called me in and had my finger print done on a form and asked me to sign this form. I noticed that this form is empty. She then had my passport stamped. I asked her again how to make sure the card will be sent to our current address. She asked me to write my current address on the approval notice. She also suggest me fill out the form G-731v to inform Vermont service center by myself in order to have the card sent to my current address. She said the local USCIS have not access to change my address in Vermont service center. Later I found that form G-731v is the inquiry about the status of I-551 alien registration card. I think it cannot be used for the change of address for receiving the card.

I am so confused, because I saw many people here said the officers would ask them the exact address the card will be sent to. What should I do now? I feel so upset and frustrated. Any response is greatly appreciated.

When I went for stamping, I told them that I am going to move to a new address and asked whether I need to give new address to them, they asked me to send new address information to Vermont center. I don't think they ask anyone on where to send the card.

Use this G-731 form it will update you address. use correct form for vermount thats G-731V.
Also call customer service and check your address with them. You can call again and confirm your address with them.

I filled some form when I went for my passport stamp, don't remember which one.

Address Change is a mystery.

Same thing with me. I changed my address next day of my approval. I went to local office and they wrote my new address on the approval form for both myself and my wife. My wife card arrived at the current address, my card went to old address. After three months of struggle I found out it.

Good luck

Elias

Actually - the card will go to the address that you have put in the approval notice. When we went to get the passport stamped, we "just" moved at that time - I asked the officer about checking the address as well. He mentioned to put the new address on the approval notice and that will get the job done. We did receive the cards in the new address.

Before we went stamping - I made sure we sent AR- 11 form, called the customer service and, made sure the law firm called the service center to update the adress as well.

Don't worry - you will get the card in the address you have put on the approval notice!!

Good luck!

Hi Tshar,

How to inform address change at service center? I sent AR-11 form to USCIS but i got 2 letters saying that i need to update at vermont service center also, if my lawyer does not update it how do i need update, would you please provide me the address or phone number???

Is this Normal? Whoever applied AR-11 also need to update vermont service center also?????

swapna00 said:
Hi Tshar,

How to inform address change at service center? I sent AR-11 form to USCIS but i got 2 letters saying that i need to update at vermont service center also, if my lawyer does not update it how do i need update, would you please provide me the address or phone number???

Is this Normal? Whoever applied AR-11 also need to update vermont service center also?????
Sending AR-11 is different from changing the address on the pending applications. You need to do both : send AR-11 and update your address by calling CIS. Here is their number: 800-375-5283. You will need your A#(you can find this on your EAD card) / Reciept# (you can find this on your Reciept Notice or you can get it from your attorney).

HTH. Good luck.

Help with this address confusion

hi all....i changed my residence after filing i485 and sent AR-11 form ..but didn't called VSC for address change. i got my passport stamped on 9/30/04.(newark)..my courtesy copy came at the old address but since all mails are routed to new address ..i got the courtesy copy. i told Img. officer about the change of address and also wrote the new address on the approval letter while stamping. i also called NSC after 15 days of stamping to update the new address. finally my message changed on 11/3/04 as card ordered and 11/4/04 as card mailed. i haven't got the card yet as of 11/11/04. i'm confused if i'm going to get card on new address or will be sent back.

please share your views.

Address change

I changed my address 2 weeks before my approval and did not recieve my approvals. But during the stamping I mentioned that my address had changed and the immigration officer filled my current address on the same form used for fingerprint and signature.(she asked about proof of address change and I showed her my return receipt of AR-11 mail). She told me that the plastic card will now come to my current address.

Anish