PP Stamped in Boston !

sharpieterk

Registered Users (C)
I now finally have the unimpressive I-551 stamped on my PP. It was a breeze to get it.
1. Appt. was for 8:20am today.
2. Got there at 8:00am
3. Was let in at 8:05am (they were allowing people only 15 mins before interview time)
4. Gave me the I-551 data collection form and the token number
5. Got my fingerprint done and was asked to sign the form but not fill it
6. Waited for my number. Officer was a stratight shooter- no pleasantries. Took PP, 797C, photos, all APs and all EADs.
7. Came back after 5 mins.
8. Stamped I-551 on the PP. Told me this was valid for work and travel and that I should get the card within 6 months.
9. Got out at 8:45am.

On a side note...the Social Security office is just around the corner. Went there after the stamping and filled out a form for a duplicate SS card. Requested the "Work Restriction" be removed from the original SS Card. That took another 20 mins.

I think I've done everything necessary...just waiting for the card.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am still waiting for the approval notice. Is the appoinment date and time on the notice?

Thank you so much, sharpieterk! I will wait for the approval notice before I make the appointment through InfoPass. ;)

Get your infopass appointment...you can always cancel the appointment. I got the approval notice in about a week's time. That's what I did.

Interview coming up in Boston

Hi Guys,

A couple of days ago, I got an interview letter in the mail. My interview is scheduled for the beginning of April in Boston. However, my case is complicated by the fact that I applied under 245(i) before April 2001. By the way, my case is an employment-based case. Two primary questions:

1. Could someone advise me as to what I should expect at the interview given the fact that I was out of status at some point? I imagine that my experience might not be as cut and dry as that of the person who started this thread.

2. Does filing under 245(i) increase my odds of rejection, or does the transparency actually appear favorably? That is, they already know that I was out of status.

Thanks a lot in advance.

-kj

kjhkr2004 -

I don't have an answer to your question, since I am facing the similar situation. My wife's case is under 245i, but she hasn't got any interview letter, I assume that she will get an interview eventually. So I would like to see if other people have any insights on this.

My understanding is, since they created this 245i, and you have already paid $1000, that wouldn't increase your odds of rejection. Just my two cents.

Please let us know how your interview goes in April.

Edited to add: kjhkr2004 - What is your 485 ND?

Last edited by a moderator: