pp stamped 10 months ago, still no plastic

ed spiers

Registered Users (C)
My wife and my pp were stamped 1-551 in LA INS office 10 months ago. We still have not received the plastic yet. When I went to the INS on-line status checking site to check on the status, here is what it says. Is this the normal response ? I found in other threads that the message should change to something like "... card ordered...". If this is true then after how long should the message change to " ... card ordered ..." ?

Receipt Number: wacXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO ADJUST TO PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS

Current Status:

Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your INS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the INS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

Vermont Service Center (802) 527-4913
Nebraska Service Center (402) 323-7830
California Service Center (949) 831-8427
Texas Service Center (214) 381-1423
Missouri Service Center (816) 251-1824

* The projected processing time frame can be found on the notice you most recently received from the INS.

Stamped 19 month ago - the same message for 5 months now!
NO card. "Normal" does not apply no INS, baby.

I have asked the same question at other places in the forum.
What is the phone number to call to find out the status of plastic card and do we have to punch in the A# or WAC no.
What is the url of the INS site to check the status ?
My POE after CP was Los Angeles.
Sorry for putting the annoying questions all over the forum but i did not find a single entry listing the above info.
Thanks in anticipation

Hi gandalf_white,
Thanks for the reply. I punched in my WAC # ( I-140 approval notice ) and the AVM just said that my I-140 was approved.No news about the card or anything else.
Any suggestions on how to proceed...
thanks]
monu

Stamped in Jan 2002, No card yet

Does anyone know, how soon I could go for passport restamping. What are the documents required for restamping. Is it advisable to reapply my I-90?

Thanks for your answer