PP Application

i don't know why, but i haven't received email notification about my passport status. when i checked the status online today, i saw the status changed to 'application is in the final stages'.

anyway, no worries...... I know I should be getting my passport in a week or so.

You have to sign up to get the email notification. Once you are on the status page, if you scroll down there is an option for you to provide email status update.

I actually received my PP today just after 16 days. I was expecting it next week based on other OP experiences. Just FYI.....

All routine service and PP book only

Another FYI. I received my passort book today on just the 11th days after filing. Routine service and regular mail, applied at the Post Office. That was fast. Now, I am just waiting for PP card and the naturalization certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was really fast. State department is getting better interms of time line as you applied later. It took 16 days for my application to complete.

I received my naturalization certificate yesterday via priority mail. Very efficient from start to finish

what all documents except the original nat certificates are to be submitted with the application?
Should I carry the originals and photo copy of birth certificates?

thanks

Hi
For the first time application, you need the original Ntz certicate, two pp size photo and a check sbmitted with the application. Nothing else unless a name change issue is involved.

what all documents except the original nat certificates are to be submitted with the application?
Should I carry the originals and photo copy of birth certificates?

thanks

Hi
For the first time application, you need the original Ntz certicate, two pp size photo and a check sbmitted with the application. Nothing else unless a name change issue is involved.

Because emno has also been posting on another thread about getting ready to file N-600 for his child, I surmise that emno is planning to apply for both passports (self and child), together. This is the smart thing to do, since N-600 processing takes months (I've heard), while the kid can get a US passport right away, in a couple of weeks.

For the child, you need more documentation than usaflyingeagle says. Here's what to do, based on my experience:

1. Make photocopies to keep at home of all the original documents that will have to be submitted. Those are:
(a) Your naturalization certificate.
(b) Child's birth certificate. (I had a long form birth certificate showing both parents' names.)
(c) Child's green card.

2. Fill out the application forms (available online) and bring those to the post office (if that's where you're applying) along with passport photos (two each), the original documents listed above, and your driver's license.

The child for whom I was applying is 16 years old. The passport application rules are different for 16 and 17 year olds than for younger children. So in our case, just the 16 year old and I went to the post office, and she signed for herself. I have the impression that in the case of a younger child, you may need to have both parents appear to apply in person, or carry evidence of sole custody. Sorry, I don't know the details of the younger-kid scenario because it didn't apply to me.

As others have reported, and I experienced this too, even though the information on the State Dept. website seems to make it clear that your natz certificate alone should be sufficient ID, the post office clerk insisted on my driver's license as well.

I carried photocopies of the documents with me, but the clerk didn't want them. He preferred to go make his own.

My naturalization certificate, the child's birth certificate and green card (originals, not copies) all had to be submitted. All were returned to us by mail, after we received our passports. The post office clerk said the green card would not be returned, but it was. This is in line with what other forum members have reported.

Because emno has also been posting on another thread about getting ready to file N-600 for his child, I surmise that emno is planning to apply for both passports (self and child), together. This is the smart thing to do, since N-600 processing takes months (I've heard), while the kid can get a US passport right away, in a couple of weeks.

For the child, you need more documentation than usaflyingeagle says. Here's what to do, based on my experience:

1. Make photocopies to keep at home of all the original documents that will have to be submitted. Those are:
(a) Your naturalization certificate.
(b) Child's birth certificate. (I had a long form birth certificate showing both parents' names.)
(c) Child's green card.

2. Fill out the application forms (available online) and bring those to the post office (if that's where you're applying) along with passport photos (two each), the original documents listed above, and your driver's license.

The child for whom I was applying is 16 years old. The passport application rules are different for 16 and 17 year olds than for younger children. So in our case, just the 16 year old and I went to the post office, and she signed for herself. I have the impression that in the case of a younger child, you may need to have both parents appear to apply in person, or carry evidence of sole custody. Sorry, I don't know the details of the younger-kid scenario because it didn't apply to me.

As others have reported, and I experienced this too, even though the information on the State Dept. website seems to make it clear that your natz certificate alone should be sufficient ID, the post office clerk insisted on my driver's license as well.

I carried photocopies of the documents with me, but the clerk didn't want them. He preferred to go make his own.

My naturalization certificate, the child's birth certificate and green card (originals, not copies) all had to be submitted. All were returned to us by mail, after we received our passports. The post office clerk said the green card would not be returned, but it was. This is in line with what other forum members have reported.

thank you so much anxiouscdn2. Thats what exectly I was looking for. I appriciate your effors for posting all the details.
I have another question: I got my daughter's birth certificate in India thru some one. The issuing agency do not write the name of the child and my name written on the certificateare my first and second initials with full last name. The person brining the certificate wrote the name in his hand writing and he did not write the
middle name for my daughter. Now will this certificate is OK or I should get another one with complete names?

Thanks again for the help. I am almost at t eh completion of this long journey and it would have not be easy with out this great forum.

You're welcome, emno. I'm no expert, just another immigrant, so my opinion isn't worth much, but for what it's worth, I think your daughter's existing birth certificate is probably OK. My daughter's birth certificate has a much longer version of her name than her green card, and the name on her green card isn't the first name on her birth certificate. It's a middle name. I asked if we could have her full original name on her US passport and the post office said no, only the name on the green card, so we went with that. But there wasn't any problem over the name on the birth certificate being different.

You're welcome, emno. I'm no expert, just another immigrant, so my opinion isn't worth much, but for what it's worth, I think your daughter's existing birth certificate is probably OK. My daughter's birth certificate has a much longer version of her name than her green card, and the name on her green card isn't the first name on her birth certificate. It's a middle name. I asked if we could have her full original name on her US passport and the post office said no, only the name on the green card, so we went with that. But there wasn't any problem over the name on the birth certificate being different.

My dear friend anxiouscdn2, you made my day. a big relief. Her middle name is missing from her birth certificate. and it was never an issue during GC process and her GC has her middle initials. I hope that passport can have her full middle name or is it OK to have just the initials as it is GC?
thanks again. by posting the similar issue that of mine, it is a big relief.

If you want the full middle name on the passport, I'd put it on the application and see what happens. I think at worst, the State Dept. will just issue the passport with middle initials, matching the green card, and it sounds like you'd be OK with that, although you'd prefer the full name. There's another recent thread around here somewhere about somebody's passport being issued with middle initials although they put the full middle name on their application.

If you want the full middle name on the passport, I'd put it on the application and see what happens. I think at worst, the State Dept. will just issue the passport with middle initials, matching the green card, and it sounds like you'd be OK with that, although you'd prefer the full name. There's another recent thread around here somewhere about somebody's passport being issued with middle initials although they put the full middle name on their application.

Thanks anxiouscdn2.
I guess that on GC they always write middle initials only. I have asked a couple of people and none of them have full middle name on the GC.
not sure if this is the case for everyone.

Green cards indeed have only middle initial in the bio section, but the full name is spelled out in the machine-readable zone on the back of the card.