PP Application

usaflyingeagle

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

PP Application was filed with local post office the the first day of the first week of this month. Email noticification was received, saying that the application is under process.(routine service)

great to now, so after getting the passport what you will do, are you applying for anyone to bring in the USA?

Hi
Anybody got the passport within 3 weeks after filing the application with routine service? Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks

I think it would be better to share personal experience (especially a typical one) in an already existing thread. It would become quite crowded if everybody started opening separate threads to report about their experience.

I applied for PP (Non-Expedited) in Naperville, IL office on 17th Aug. Received the PP and PP card in mail on 3rd of Sept. Waiting for the Naturalization cert now.

do they use the email id provided in the passport application form or are we suppose to register in Dept of State to get the email notifications about progress?

Hi

When you go on line to check the app status, there is a address bar for you to provide your email address.

Thanks. I just checked and got an error message that its not entered in their system.

Looks like it takes few days after submitting the application at a local post office to show up in their system.

I can see my passport application status online as well.It's only been 2 days since I applied.Does any body know if the status on the state department web site updates on a regular basis during the process of your application or it's a standard generic message ?

I can see my passport application status online as well.It's only been 2 days since I applied.Does any body know if the status on the state department web site updates on a regular basis during the process of your application or it's a standard generic message ?
There are only three types of messages:
  • no application found (soon after applying)
  • received application and it's in process (longest stage)
  • application is in the final stages (usually 2-3 days before shipping the passport)

There are only three types of messages:
  • no application found (soon after applying)
  • received application and it's in process (longest stage)
  • application is in the final stages (usually 2-3 days before shipping the passport)

Thanks for the info...This helps.. My status now shows 'Received application etc..'.

PP applied for Aug 30th, received today. That's just two and a half weeks!

Application was submitted at a suburban Atlanta post office and was very basic: passport book only applied for (no card), routine processing, regular delivery (Priority Mail). Times two, for self and 16 year old child. Both passports arrived today. Now waiting for our original documents to be returned.

PP applied for Aug 30th, received today. That's just two and a half weeks!

Application was submitted at a suburban Atlanta post office and was very basic: passport book only applied for (no card), routine processing, regular delivery (Priority Mail). Times two, for self and 16 year old child. Both passports arrived today. Now waiting for our original documents to be returned.

That's a very good news!! I have applied routine service for passport book only @ one of the suburban Atlanta post office as well but mine was on Sept 9th. It looks like passport will arrive sometime around Sept 27 or 28 ( based on your calculation).

Further update re original documents: Passports arrived by mail on Sep 16th, all original documents arrived the very next day, Sep 17th. There were two pieces of mail, one addressed to me (containing my naturalization certificate) and one for my daughter (containing her original Canadian birth certificate and her green card).

I mentioned in an earlier post that the USPS clerk who took our application stated that the green card would not be returned to us. However, it was returned, which is consistent with experiences some other people have posted.

I infer that for LPR minors who acquire derivative US citizenship under the provisions of the Child Citizenship Act when their parent(s) naturalize, the card is left with the holder, as a piece of evidence needed to prove the person's US citizenship, until such time as they file N-600 to get a naturalization certificate of their own. (It's not compulsory to ever file N-600, though). If you do file N-600, then the green card will be confiscated at the oath ceremony, just as it is for N-400 filers. If you never file N-600, you need to make sure you carefully retain your primary evidence of citizenship, which is the combination of your birth certificate (showing parents names), parent naturalization certificate, and your green card. I presume (having no personal experience of this), that if your parents didn't stay together until naturalization you'd also need appropriate legal documentation of custody arrangements at the time of parent naturalization.

I got an email message today stating that my passport application is completed and passport book will arrive early next week as per my previous estimate. It looks like routine passport applications are completed in exactly 19 days.

i don't know why, but i haven't received email notification about my passport status. when i checked the status online today, i saw the status changed to 'application is in the final stages'.

anyway, no worries...... I know I should be getting my passport in a week or so.