Post March 10 thread - lets track what response each of us are getting

question11

Registered Users (C)
For those of us who did not get in any approval notice after March 10th. I called the 1-800 number couple of times and talked to the IO (2nd level - not the person who initially answers the call). One person said that since they recieved evidence for my RFE they started a new background check. So call back in 180 days. The other person said that she has no clue why I am stuck so I should start a service request.

Count me in but my FP were internally refreshed by NSC in the last week of Feb. but when called, I was told "under extended review", used to be "NC pending".

Infopass

I went for an INFOPASS yesterday in Fresno, California, the officer told me I am still pending NC, I asked him if my case applies to the recent memo, he said NO because they check in 3-4 different databases. They are full of S***
that's just an excuse to get people off their back.
I am tired of the situation.

I was told I am outside of processing times when I called the customerservice. So I am in a limbo too...........

I have suggested this earlier too and would like to suggest again , please write to ur district director it will help

Hi franticsky, do you have the e-mail or mailing address of the district director or how to find it? Thanks

NY district director

Just write a letter addressed to the district director , make sure you send it by certified mail , return receipt

if you are in NY

write it to

Ms .Andrea Quarantillo
Uscis District Director , Room no 1104
26 fed plaza
New York , NY 10278

Dont know about St Paul , if you do not know the name of the person , just send the letter addressed to the district director , that will work as well , also search for the district director on google , thats what I did and thats how i came to know about the NY district director , there was an article posted on a website , there is a lawyer who answers leagl questions

uscis district director
Address
St paul , MO , ZIP

Last edited by a moderator:
I have suggested this earlier too and would like to suggest again , please write to ur district director it will help

the following reply i got for my mail last week , they are suggesting me to call 1-800 ( new tracking system:D) and they do not accept the mail and fax !!!

the scanned copy of the reply
http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scanpi5.jpg

help!!!i got Infopass for friday again

Last edited by a moderator:
its usual Bullshit by uscis , write to the district director and it will help , make sure u send it with a certified mail and return receipt , you have to be persistent

its usual Bullshit by uscis , write to the district director and it will help , make sure u send it with a certified mail and return receipt , you have to be persistent

Hi,

I'm in NYC, and I had my interview here too. But after the interview back in 2005, they transferred my case to California Svc Center. So, which distrcit director should I write to? NYC? Cali? Thanks!

I've called few times 1-800 #, and talked to customer svc person at California Service Center...first time they said my fp is abt to expire and they will send a notice. Second time they said- my fp is now valid for one more year (I guess, they refreshed or whatever they call it). And I was told they have lots of cases there pending and they are pulling those and my one will be worked on soon. When I asked how soon? Lady told me she can't promise me it could be 30 days or 60 days.

Last week I called. Another guy answered, and he told me to hang in there...:confused: Even though my case is not assigned to an officer yet- hopefully it will be done with in 45 days!! whoa...:rolleyes:

They sent me RFE last August and they resumed processing my case in October....so, I'm hoping I won't get any more RFE's at least.

I've always talked to customer service ppl at Cali Svc Center not those usual doofus 1-800, who I highly doubt knows any sh***t.

Response from USCIS

I called the 800 number and talked to an IO. He could not figure out why the case is not approved yet as I qualify for for the new memo. He said he will put a request in and someone will take a look at the case I got the respose back today from that request. Here is the response.

The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must also notify the Department of Homeland Security within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). If you have moved, please complete a Form AR-11 and mail it to the address shown on that form. If you do not have this form, you can download it from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. If you move, please call us with your new address information as soon as your move is complete. If you have already called us and given us this information, you do not need to call again.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

dont really know what that means as when I was interviewed back in November 2006 the officer told me that your case is approved only name check is left.

its a normal template used by uscis , my suggestion wud be to book an infopass and ask the IO there as to why they are not processing the case

infopass - two new terms

Went to an infopass to find out why my case is pending for more than four years. Heard two new terms. The person said that it has be "pre-adjudicated" and then sent to "records." She does not know what records means and what is going on with my case. She confirmed that it is not with any immigration officer right now. As far as I can tell my cases has been archived. When I asked when will it be adjudicated she said just be patient and it she does not know how much time it will take. When I pressed for more information she said she does not have any additional information and I should call the 1-800 number and start a service request.

reply to "service request"

The systems show that your application has not
been approved and is still pending. Therefore, we request that you
schedule an INFOPASS appointment at www.uscis.gov to discuss your pending
application with your local District Office.

i told the CSR that my case is approved pending background check while i placed the service request , just got the above E-mail, bit scared to go on Infopass , coz i had one each in last two weeks , and as i see there are only 3 counters in Houston office...

I sent a certified mail yesterday to District Director , one in regular mail last week....

Hi prakashtirupati - if you got that e-mail just print it and go again for infopass. By the way did you do the service request by calling the 1-800 number? When did you start the service request?

The systems show that your application has not
been approved and is still pending. Therefore, we request that you
schedule an INFOPASS appointment at www.uscis.gov to discuss your pending
application with your local District Office.

i told the CSR that my case is approved pending background check while i placed the service request , just got the above E-mail, bit scared to go on Infopass , coz i had one each in last two weeks , and as i see there are only 3 counters in Houston office...

I sent a certified mail yesterday to District Director , one in regular mail last week....