Post-Interview at US Consulate in India - Does your Spouse have to comeback with you??

Rama Marri

Context: Me and my Spouse are trying to immigrate to the US.

Assuming we go through the interview at a consulate successfully, do me and my spouse have to comeback together. OR Can i come first and then my spouse could come later in a couple of months!!

I understand there is a 6 month restriction for both.

Any inputs appreciated.

You folks can come seperately

This was the case of my friends who came seperately in 2 weeks period last month.

Coming separately- can you please have the details!!

I know its too much to ask , but can you post the details of this case.

Normally they issue a single package to you after the interview and so how can the person landing later can pass thru the POE...?

yes she can always follow u .... it has to be within 6 months of visa stamping ...

No Title

you say spouse can return later as long as it\'s within 6 months. However when i filled DS-230 part 1, there were two items in it viz,
-----------------------------------------------------------------
21. Name of person(s) mentioned in 14. and 19. who will accompany you now.

22. name of person(s) mentioned in 14. and 19. who will follow you later.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I filled up number 21. saying my wife will accompany me.

Are you saying that irrespective of this she may follow me later and we don\'t need to file any amendments ?

Please if possible send a reply back at bihari@yahoo.com

thanks

No Title

We went though the same thing. My husband came in January and I came back in March. POE, Cincinnati, noquestions asked. We did not do anything different.Absolutely no problem for us.
Suchi

bihari@yahoo.com(ormuscama), if you get an email can you share with me at o_khaja@hotmail.com