Post GC Interview Message

brajan2004

Hi,

I had my interview done and passport stamped on April 7 at the LA office, they said my card will be mailed in a month or so.

But now I do a status check on the web and I get this...????? Any ideas? is anyone else seeing this..

On April 19, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 730 and 730 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Brajan2004

Hi,

Will you share with us, what they asked in interview? It will be great if you share some background of your case (e.g. whether AC21, why they scheduled you for interview etc...)

This will greatly help as I will have to appear interview very soon

Many thanks....

My RD April 2001 at TSC

Case transferred to LA on Dec 11.

Interview notice sent in February fro April interview.

this wasHTH an AC 21 case.

Documents they wanted during the interview
1. Employment letter
2. pay stubs
3. tax returns
4. Financial report of employer. I did not have this as my company is privately held and does not provide it. I had to patiently explain it. after some tense moments the officer accepted (she said that I was lucky as she had heard of the company before.)

5. proof for EB2 - advanced degree, work ex letters, etc.

Hope this helps.

Could you please tell the exact date of Transfer. My case was also transfred in July'03 and I have not received any interview letter. Did you contact them personally, Pls share your experiances in detail.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Brajan

Thanks for the reply.

Would you please post a sample of the experience letter? My employer wants me to draft one.

Thanks again.

=====

NJ - not sure if you asked me. My case was transferred in March04 and interview is in May04. I didin't call/contact the office.

NJ - My case was transferred in Dec 03. I went in to the INS to update my address (not sure if that has an impact).

Desicowboy - I am not even sure of the format I used. It was like " ..he was in such and such a role/responsibility. These were the advanced skills needed for the role."

brajan2004
congrats. did u get an I-140 rfe on the issues that they questioned u on in the AOS interview. seems like the EB2 degree should have been questioned then and not at the interview? can u please send me your details.
thanks

Brajan:

I have the similar situation as yours.

I was interviewed in INS San Joe on May. 18th: approved and passport stamped.
After 3 weeks, the on-line status changed to the same thing as "case received, it takes 700 days to process, ....".

Could you share your expereince? Do you see any update on your case web?

Thanks