Post Approval Steps???

thunderstruck

Registered Users (C)
My case got approved on Sept 28. I havent received the approval notice by snal mail yet. I have a few questions about the post approval things to do. Gurus please guide...

1. I scheduled an appt for PPS on infopass for oct 12. thats the earliest available appointment at san jose. Is walk in PPS still allowed at San Jose. Can I try it this week, provided my approval notice arrives by then?

2. I know the notice will have details on what to bring. I have read some posts here and i think all i need is the approval notice, all EADs, APs, I94 and passport and 2 photos. Is that right? Are the photos regular front face ones like the ones needed for Visas or side faced like for EADs?

3. I read something about SSN card changes after PPS? Can somebody explain what that is?

4. Do I have to inform the employer and fill out forms or something? I havent used my EAD yet. I am still on H1

Thanks

Notice letter backlog

You have a big chance do not get your notice letter by Oct.12
(see other posts).
Just relax and wait.

My AD 09.17, no letter yet.

1. I think walk-in is still allowed in SJC. But please check.

2. documents you mentioned are enough along with infopass printout. Front faced photos

3. Its always good to change your status (mentioned in SS card) after you become PR. Read this thread http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=143857

4. You need to let your employer about this status change. usually if you give your stamped passport copies to HR they will take care of it.

Hope this helps.

San Jose office is not taking walk-ins

At least for 485 approval stamping. My friend waited in line for 3 hours and came back with appointment 2 weeks down. Wait dude.

Yep...one of my colleagues said the samething. I ahave already scheduled an appointment. Besides, I havent got my approval notice yet. May be, I ll even have to reschedule my appointment depending on how late I get my notice.

Anyway..thanks brothas...

got my approval letter today

I got the approval letter from lawyer today. It was approved on sept 23rd but online status has never changed.

I just made an appointment through inforpass. Do I need to make a seperate appointment for my husband as well? Thanks in advance.

Not really in my case. Though I had 2 infopass appointment, I used only one. I asked the people over there and got confirmed that one is enough.

I called CSC and was told that after approval, I need to fill an I-89 form. Does anyone have any details about this form i.e. what is it needed for? where and when does it have to be submitted?

thanks