Possible company buyout

Narayan Krishnamurthy

Registered Users (C)
Weird situation, need opinions.
EB2 PD current Applied for AOS last week. Got to know that company(based in NJ)may merge with another company (HQ in CA) in about 6-7 months. It is more or less a buyout. But I will be working in the same location, only name change.
(1) Even though the buyer is HQ\'ed in CA the bought out company is in NJ
    and my Labor was done in NJ. Do I need to redo labor or I-140?

Your opinions is highly appreciated!

No Title

You might want to do another I-140 with the new company name OR you can wait and see if INS issues and RFE e.g. for pay stubs in which case you can file pay stubs for new company with legal crap about "successor-of-interest" (see your lawyer to understand what this term means).

No Title

Thanks VSC RD122399. I cannot do anything at this time because
the buyout is still not done (shareholders have to vote and all that
crap). SO my company name is still the same at this point. Unless
the buyout occurs and the paperwork is done I cannot send INS anything. It will take around Sept\'01. Since I have already filed 485,
I will wait and see.
-Narayan

No Title

It depends on how the buyout occurs. Typically, if it is full-fledged buyout (i.e. all assets and liabilities transfer to the buyer - I forget the term that the SEC uses), then it doesn\'t matter.

With the way things are today, you will probably get an RFE asking for proof of employment, to which your lawyer will need to respond to with a letter explaining the nature of the buyout.