Possible 221(g) in Sydney - no docs, forms and passport stamp were given??

dream_big2008

Hi All,

Had an interview in Sydney Consulate a week ago and found a weird situation, hope anyone could advise/share if they ever had similar experience:
1. VO asked me to explain about my work experience, qualifications and company in the US. He seems to be satisfied with my answer
2. VO looked at my LCA to check the company information (small IT consulting company) and started to look a bit uncertain.
3. VO asked me to wait in the waiting area while research for more information about this company
4. After about 4 minutes, I got called to approach the counter and being told that "unfortunately we could not issue your visa today and next time, I recommend you to do more research about the company".
5. VO returned my passport along with the return enveloped, but did not give me back the DS-156, DS-157 and LCA forms. Also no letter stated denial/refusal was given either.
6. At that point, I was so dissapointed that I forgot to ask for more details.
7. Later, checked my passport and found no stamp or any other note either (?)
8. The next day, called the company and talked with their Attorney, was told that they are a very strong company and never had an immigration issue before.

I am confused of my situation now and if someone could help with their insight:
1. Does this mean that my case is a possible 221(g) denial/refusal? or maybe any other reason?
2. If yes, how long usually the waiting period until they get back to you with some kind of information? and possible resolution?
3. From the way VO told me, I was under impression as if I should reapply again with better understanding of the company? is this correct?
4. Could I reapply with different company at this stage? (a more reputable one)

Appreciate your insightful information and kind help.

Regards,
Tim

Section 221G is not a rejection but additional administrative processing. It may take 3 to 6 months (based on the postings in tvarious newsgroups). Visa issuance is at the discretion of the consulate. You can reapply for a different employer.

h1b -221(g)

Hi All,

Had an interview in Sydney Consulate a week ago and found a weird situation, hope anyone could advise/share if they ever had similar experience:
1. VO asked me to explain about my work experience, qualifications and company in the US. He seems to be satisfied with my answer
2. VO looked at my LCA to check the company information (small IT consulting company) and started to look a bit uncertain.
3. VO asked me to wait in the waiting area while research for more information about this company
4. After about 4 minutes, I got called to approach the counter and being told that "unfortunately we could not issue your visa today and next time, I recommend you to do more research about the company".
5. VO returned my passport along with the return enveloped, but did not give me back the DS-156, DS-157 and LCA forms. Also no letter stated denial/refusal was given either.
6. At that point, I was so dissapointed that I forgot to ask for more details.
7. Later, checked my passport and found no stamp or any other note either (?)
8. The next day, called the company and talked with their Attorney, was told that they are a very strong company and never had an immigration issue before.

I am confused of my situation now and if someone could help with their insight:
1. Does this mean that my case is a possible 221(g) denial/refusal? or maybe any other reason?
2. If yes, how long usually the waiting period until they get back to you with some kind of information? and possible resolution?
3. From the way VO told me, I was under impression as if I should reapply again with better understanding of the company? is this correct?
4. Could I reapply with different company at this stage? (a more reputable one)

Appreciate your insightful information and kind help.

Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Same scenario happened to me at Sydney, In my case VO told me that he don't believe of any such job exist and keep all photocopies of my document with original DS156 and 157, LCA and returned my passport with white form 221(g).

VO didn't stamped anything on my passport and told me that my application will be sent to Washington DC.

It's been 4 months and still no clue about my application.

Any updates with your application?

Cheers,

actually, you are wrong. a 221 g can be issued if documents are missing and additional documents are needed, if the interviewing officer feels that certain information you are saying is wrong in that case he can tick additional documents or tick administrative processing. if it is a administrative processing, then you would have to wait a while till they get approval. if it is a document missing, then they will issue you a visa soon after u submit such documents.