possibility of a walk-in AP while mailed AP pending

JXNJ

Registered Users (C)
Hi, My AP is pending at VSC for more than one month but I'll have to leave soon. So is it possible for me to apply another one at local office?

Do I need to mention the mailed application? Can I cancel the mailed one once I get approval for the wal-in AP? TKS for your info in advance.

Yes you can apply for AP in your local office.This is pretty straight forward process but be prepared for long wait and a day off from the office. One of my friends went in at 6:30 am in the morning and was out by 12:30 pm , the other one went in at 9:30 amd and was out with AP at 2:30 pm. Choose your time accordingly , make arrangements for food times if required.

Documents Required:
1) Cover Letter : Folow this thread. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=87235
2) Proof of Emergency(Ex: Medical reports, Letter from Doctor in your country, any letter from your parent requesting your presence for taking care of property or for your emotional support)
3) Travel Itinerary (if you have, not necessary)
4) I 131 reciept photo copy
5) I 485 reciept copy.
6) Two photographs.
7) Money order for $110 each( You already paid this and would not be necessary but hold it incase).

any experiences and suggestions regarding applying for AP at pittsburgh, also my son who is 8 yrs also needs an AP does he have to also be present at bcis office ..or my prescence and his documents will be enough to get his ap also