Positive TB skin test & RFEs & Treatment?

Automan thanks for your input.........i feel relieved that a draconian law is not in effect and it makes sense to get treatment if there is a doubt.....for our own good....

Anybody from San Diego, CA Area please let me know if you guys know the address (hospital address) where to get the treatment if the skin test turned out positive. I appreciate your feedback.

I'm not sure about the fine details but my doctor mentioned in the form that he referred me to a hospital in NJ. But I'm moving now to San Diego, CA. So I need to know the hospital where I can get it treated and get this damn headache out of my way. If somebody can point me to the website or right hospital address that would be great.

I got the RFE for the TB Test not done X-Ray Normal. I am planning to do the Skin test and if negative do the X-ray and send the result to USCIS and I will wait.

What is the lead time NSC gives to you for response? The new guideline for RFE response, which took effect on 06/18/2007, is somewhat about 30days for initial evidence and 42 days for additional evidence. Please share your turnaround timeand good luck.

I got the RFE for the TB Test not done X-Ray Normal. I am planning to do the Skin test and if negative do the X-ray and send the result to USCIS and I will wait.

Hi all,
Any idea about second medical if the first was done 15 months earlier. Does anyone got RFE for second medical before approval.

I just got my RFEs. Yes!!! They want us to do the skin test. Eventhough in the original medical form the X-ray was indicated as normal.

Based on the (unreliable and scattrered) information on the web, there have been many cases when people were required to go through "treatment" with positive skin test & negative x-ray. I myself know that my reaction is going to be very positive most likely due to the BCG vaccination and a bunch of allergies I have.

I doubt that you guys know what to do in this situation, but if you think you do, please let me know. How to avoid the fcuking "treatment"?

You know, this situation reminds me of the one in the forties, when the Jews were subject to medical experiments by the Germans. Well, here we go again.
Hello Depressed Alien,

I got the same RFE as you got for TB skin test from NSC, and my X-ray was clear. I am also worried about the liver damage caused by Isoniazid even if it is only 1 %.

You must have already responded to your RFE by now .
Did you do the skin test and got any response from NSC back ?

Anybody else with the same issue please reply. Thanks

485-rfe

Hey Guys,

Please update this forum who got I-485 medical RFE's and got approvals as well after TB test done. Did you guys had just TB skin test or had to redo xray as well and sent a new form to USCIS. How much did it cost!!!

Tx,
kku

Hello Depressed Alien,

I got the same RFE as you got for TB skin test from NSC, and my X-ray was clear. I am also worried about the liver damage caused by Isoniazid even if it is only 1 %.

You must have already responded to your RFE by now .
Did you do the skin test and got any response from NSC back ?

Anybody else with the same issue please reply. Thanks

eb

HI Guys,

Did anyone got RFE for TB skin test and what did you do. Also how much time it took for approval.

Thx,kku

Hey Guys,

Please update this forum who got I-485 medical RFE's and got approvals as well after TB test done. Did you guys had just TB skin test or had to redo xray as well and sent a new form to USCIS. How much did it cost!!!

Tx,
kku

I got TB test RFE and now have the Green Card.
Long story short:
- Even if you suspect your skin test will be positive, you MUST take the skin test. Let it come out Positive (normally 48-72 hours). Even if you didn't take skin test, let the form say you did.
- Then do the X-Ray which will come Negative.
- It is up to doctor to prescribe medicine or not. Most doctors don't and mine didn't. If yours does, take the prescription and don't consume medicine.
- However RFE is not concerned with medicine part.

new2new4,

how much time it took for you after your RFE sent to receive the green card.

tx

kk

I got TB test RFE and now have the Green Card.
Long story short:
- Even if you suspect your skin test will be positive, you MUST take the skin test. Let it come out Positive (normally 48-72 hours). Even if you didn't take skin test, let the form say you did.
- Then do the X-Ray which will come Negative.
- It is up to doctor to prescribe medicine or not. Most doctors don't and mine didn't. If yours does, take the prescription and don't consume medicine.
- However RFE is not concerned with medicine part.