Portland Oregon I485 approval Waiters.

I had interview today.

Hi guys I had interview today. My attorney was with me.Everything was fine. Immigration officer did asked some normal questions. He was happy. He got FP and Signature for me, my wife and daughter. He was doing security check infront of me, but then his computer system got some problem. There was some network problem, he tried to get this done through some other system, it didn't work.
So he said he will finish this next week and will send me approval by next week. I told him my wife is visiting abroad on 23rd of July, he said he will do this by then.So I have to visit them once again, but I hope we will get by next week.

Good luck and I will keep you posted.

Finally Approved !!!

My & my wife's case has been approved. We got the approval letters in mail yesterday.

Surprisingly AVM is still not changed. Also I called NSC on Thursday & IIO told me that my & my wife's case was with officer & on Friday we got the Approval notices in mail. Amazing way, NSC works.

My details

EB2/RIR/India PD 04/12/2000 RD 03/02/2001 ND 03/27/2001
FP 01/12/2002 EAD/AP renewed in May 2002

I485 Approval 07/12/2002

It has been a long journey. My I140 was processed for AOS, but still they sent my file to make connection with my I140 file.

For Portlanders, Senator Gordon Smith is very helpful & very systematic. So if your case is pending beyond normal processing time, contact his office. His office will be able to help you.

Achiever

Congratulation achiever!!!!

guys i had login issues with the new sites last week. Finally got it resolved.

I am extremely happy for you guys, achiever, Portlander-OR (your approval should be around the corner).

We are still waiting...contacted Senator Gordon Smith a couple weeks ago. He acknowledged receipt of my inquiry and we have not heard from him since... called INS in the mean time and was told they won't review the case until FP is 87 days old...i think it's BS. We are hopeful yet anxious and worried. We will be moving to diff. address next month...another excuse for INS delay.

oh well, life goes on.

Enjoy the freedom, achiever...

Inimacam

Passport Stamped

Me & my wife went to INS today & had our passports stamped. Experience was very good. It took around 45 minutes to complete everything.

The lady at the window was nice. She took only I-94 from us. She did not take EAD & AP. ALso the approval notice also mentioned I-94. She took signature & FP of index finger on a form & stamped our passports. She said we should receive the card in 6-8 months.

Very cool experience.

Achiever

Inimacam hang in there

You should hear some good news from Senator Gordon Smith. His office is very efficient. I had good experience with his office. If he has sent you an acknowledgement so that means his office must be in touch with NSC.

So hang in there. If you do not hear any thing from his office in this week then call his office.

Best of luck. You will receive your approvals very soon.

Achiever

any news Portland-OR?

I called Senator Gordon Smith's office and spoke to the lady handling my case. She said INS still has not replied her inquiry. She will ask them again and hopefully have some answers for us tomorrow.

Man, >500 days and still no approval. I'm moving next week. Gotta change addres at INS. i was hoping 6months ago that the case would have been approved and changing address is low risk. Now, it might be a problem. Another reason for them to delay my case.....

Inimacam
:(

485 transfer to PDX

Received letter on June 1 from NSC saying case transferred to local INS to speed things up...Haven't heard anything yet.
Any idea how long transfer cases are taking at Portland INS?

Portland-OR: congratulations. You mentioned in your earlier post that when your case was transferred, you went to the PDX office and asked for your case status. What time did you go and what did documentation did you take with you ?

I am planning to do the same. Please advise

Achiever,

" My details
EB2/RIR/India RD 03/02/01 ND 03/27/01 FP 01/12/02

I got my second AP & EAD approved. My file was sent to make I140 connection. I was told this one time. Otherwise all IIOs told me that case is waiting to be assigned.

Achiever"

Iam also in the same boat.. the following information what my attorney got from INS officer.
"But your and your wife's applications have been on a hold shelf while the INS searches their internal records for the original security-inked approval stamp on your I-140 immigrant visa petition, which could be in a couple of different locations. Standard Operating Procedures require the INS to make 2 requests for the original approval stamp before relying on secondary evidence like a copy (which we submitted with your applications). The INS sent their second request on May 14, 2002. If they still cannot find the original stamp, they may proceed with other secondary evidence. We will keep you updated if we hear anything."

After the Officer told you that waiting for the I-140 connection, have you got any updates from INS, such as RFE or any ...

Please share with me, it will help a lot to me...
(my RD 5/4/01, ND 5/25/01) Got 2nd EAD recently..

Mon14r

mon14r

Please check all the threads posted by as achiever1. I got RFE & approval also.

My file was sent to make connection with I140 in January end.

I contacted my local senator in May & told him about my pending application. He made some enquiries. I think after that my file moved ahead. Why don't you contact your local sentor's office?

Achiever

Approved!

RD 2/01

Our cases finally got approved! Senator Gordon Smith's assistant called me yesterday afternoon and told that our case was approved last Friday. She is very helpful. She had been in contact with another lady at NSC to try to get our file processed. She even change our address for us.

We are so relieved. It has not really sinked in yet. I'm waiting for our lawyer to send me the approval notices.

mon14r, you should definitely contact the senator. It really helps.
Good luck to all.

Inimacam

My case approved

Attorney called me yesterday that my case has been approved. I will keep you posted once I get the approval letter.

achiever, passport stamping details?

Achiever and others,

Approval Notices received.

Do you know if i need to go to the Portland INS office really early in the morning for passport stamping?

You didn't mention photos in your previous post. I guess we will bring a couple pictures just in case.

Inimacam