Portland,Oregon Citizenship - Tracker

IndiaLuck2001

Hello,
We had citizenship interview on 03/20(Thursday) at 1:30 PM. Both me and my wife were just given the N652 with a X marked against:

You have passed the english and the history test
Congratulations. You have been recommended for approval.

I asked when is my oath then she said usually there will be no interviews & Oaths on Friday and you will be getting the letter by mail about the oath date.

My worry is why there is such delay as couple of my friends had interview(not Thursdays) in March, 2008 and they had done their oath either on the same day or next day.

Is our apllication are going through name checks or some other checks or any problems?

why they did not give us the oath in the following week?

I would appreciate if you could share your experience or let me know is this the usual proceedure or different?

07/26/07 :N400 NSC Received Date
09/05/07 :FP Notice received Date
09/20/07 :FP Appointment
02/15/08 :Interview Letter received
03/20/08 :Interview appointment
03/20/08 :N-652 application
???????? :Oath Date

Thanks
IndiaLuck2001

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything seems fine. I think you worry too much like me.It is not unusual to have oath in week or two. They give oath in group so you may be in the middle of the group. There few more people will join you after they have their interviews. Group has to be formed, i think before they schedule the oath. Some people will be lucky to have oath sooner just by joining the group at very last.

I have been in queue since February for my oath, that is what they told me when I did an infopass, and until now, I have not received my OL yet. They told me I just need to be patient. I understand how it feels to be waiting and expecting something from the mail. Also, sometimes, I worry about what if it got lost in the mail.

Finally, my OL

I just recieved my OL dated 4/15/08. My Oath will be on May 16, 2008 and it will be held in Eugene, OR. The ffg is my timeline:

PD - 4/15/07
2ND Fingerprinting - 6/12/07
Interview Letter - 11/15/07
Interview - 1/7/08 - N14 need Police Clearance, FBI could not read my fingerprint
Police Clearance mailed - 1/16/08
Info Pass - 2/29/08 - Queued for Oath
Oath Letter - 4/15/08
Oath - 5/16/08

It appears that if you pass the interview and you have complete documents, and the interview is scheduled in the morning, it is very likely that you will have your oath in the afternoon. If your interview is in the afternoon, there is a possibility of having you come back the next day for oath, if not, then you will have to wait for your oath letter. I called USCIS on April 14, they will accomodate you if you did not recieve eny response 90 days after the interview. i was told I had my OL March 30, but I did not receive it, and it may have triggered another OL for me. The Officers are all kind and courteous and I really had a very pleasant experience on my application. Good luck to all.