Portland OR - N400 timeline

Update via Text and email:

"On May 25, 2011, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. ...."

Lets see when we get the interview letter.

Field Office: Portland OR
Day 0 - Application Sent: 06/05/11
Day 1 - Application Received: 06/07/11
Day 8 - Check Cashed: 06/07/11
Day 28 - FP letter received: 06/17/11
Day 49 - FP Appointment date: 06/30/11
Day xx - Interview Letter received:
Day xx - Interview Date:
Day xx - Oath Date:
Day xx - PP Applied:
Day xx - PP Received:

Has anyone had luck with early walk ins for the fingerprinting here in Portland?

I'm also a little nervous--I'm supposed to go and volunteer as a nurse in Guatemala just after Christmas, and I'm worried I won't have my passport by then. Ideas?

You can try for an early FP, but it's a bit hit and miss (see my note earlier)

Your time line if off - is your FP date 7/30 rather than 6/30? You day numbers overall look wrong. Did you apply 06/05? If so, your application is already moving pretty fast.

Based on the other current timelines here and elsewhere, you'll probably be fine without an early FP, the total time is around 5 months at the moment.

Nope, I applied on the 6/5 and the fingerprint date is 6/30. I was surprised when I got the letter--I was expecting the FP date to be mid July ish. Hopefully this means that the process is moving along pretty quickly. :) Thanks for the reassurance! I've already paid for my rooms/tickets to Guatemala, so it would be awful to not go.

dlandry12, that is very quick. I am still stuck waiting for the interview letter :(.

Needtowork good luck on your interview tomorrow.

Quick update - Interview today at 9:15am:

I had a nice IO (friendly & light hearted) . The interview when went smoothly and was done in about 20 mins and got a N-652:

Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval...

Will update later with more details...

Congratulations. Just wondering do you have the option to do same day oath in Portland office?

Quick update - Interview today at 9:15am:

I had a nice IO (friendly & light hearted) . The interview when went smoothly and was done in about 20 mins and got a N-652:

Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval...

Will update later with more details...

IO said that oath ceremony is currently being scheduled 4-6 weeks out. I told her I would be travelling abroad 15th July to August 7th, so she put a note not to schedule before the 12th to allow for delays.

Got an email/text "Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days"

Hey guys,
I'm in the same boat as most of you. I didn't bother sending it via express mail, so there was about a week between sending it and their receipt date.
It didn't seem to affect my FP date though - which was pretty darn quick - scheduled for less than a month since my sent date.

Good luck to everyone in this process, and keep us updated.

New to the site. Please clarify what all the abbreviations mean? Thanks.

FP?
YL?
DL?
PP?

FP = fingerprint
YL = Yellow letter - a letter telling you what documents you should bring to the interview.
DL = Driver's license. If you claimed you had traffic violations on your n-400, you might be asked to bring this along.
PP = Passport.

Just got sms & email update:

On June 27, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling queue...

The approval process is over (last dot on the status page)! Just waiting for the oath date now.