porting PD after 140 is approved

paragpujara

Registered Users (C)
Hi GC gurus,

I am in dilemma and seek your help desperately.
Currently i work for a consulting company A (around 500 employees). He provided me with a pre-approved labor(EB2 category, pd 02/05) and recently got my 140 approved. The client(say company B) i am working for has offered me a full time position and i am willing to take it up. But according to the company's (B) policy the GC process can be started after one year of joining.

I talked to my company (i.e company A) about my decision to join company B. He provided the following explaination :
1. EB2 to EB2 porting is not possible: According to him EB3 to EB2 porting seems possible but he wasnt sure about EB2 to EB2. He needs to look into the matter. Can you please provide some more information on this...

2. Query on Ability to Pay: He said that when company files 140 for current employee who are on company payroll right now, he might get REF regarding ability to pay. At that time he has to cancel my 140 as well as number of approved 140 that are unaccounted for (i.e employee left or he didnt cancel), to prove company's ability to pay for current employees. So his argument was that it will be difficult for him to retain my 140 for next 1 year. But i believe GC is for future employment and he has to pay me the salary as per the LC. The company seems to be making good amount of profit. So i feel he is trying to hold me back by providing excuses. Or is this a valid reason ?

Please provide me your input asap as i have to decide very soon.