Porting EB3 Date to EB2

palchuri

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I need your suggestion.

I am having EB2 I-140 with priority date of December 2005. Recently my EB3 labor got certifed and having the prioriry date June 2003. I am having both EB2 and EB3 with the same company. I need your suggestion on my next step.

1. If I will be eligible to Port EB3 date to EB2 then I would like to proceed to file EB3 1-140(Because it cost me around $3000)?. Any suggestions or comments?

2. Are there any limitations to port the priority dates?

3. For Porting priority dates, does the role need to be same on both EB2 and EB3 catagories?

Any suggestions on porting will be appreciated?

Thanks
Shri

Hi,
I need your suggestion.

I am having EB2 I-140 with priority date of December 2005. Recently my EB3 labor got certifed and having the prioriry date June 2003. I am having both EB2 and EB3 with the same company. I need your suggestion on my next step.
You should be able to file I-485 when PD is current for eb2 June 2003, using porting of PD. You must have both I-140 approved for your name.

1. If I will be eligible to Port EB3 date to EB2 then I would like to proceed to file EB3 1-140(Because it cost me around $3000)?. Any suggestions or comments?
You need June 2003 eb3 I-140 approved for PD porting.

2. Are there any limitations to port the priority dates?
Both I-140 should be approved and active and must belong to same person.

3. For Porting priority dates, does the role need to be same on both EB2 and EB3 catagories?
No.

Any suggestions on porting will be appreciated?

Thanks
Shri

Good Luck.

You can get 140 approved with Eb3 and when that date is current in Eb2 category you can go for concurrent 140/485.

I dont think you need to have two 140's approved right now.

You can get 140 approved with Eb3 and when that date is current in Eb2 category you can go for concurrent 140/485.

I dont think you need to have two 140's approved right now.

I am not sure about that...in order to port priority date from older EB3 to recent EB2, according to my understanding you can port the priority only when EB2 140 is approved, then apply for 485. You cannot apply concurrently. Without EB2 140 approved priority date cannot be proted...my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have approved EB2 I-140 but I have EB3 labor only.

I am not sure about that...in order to port priority date from older EB3 to recent EB2, according to my understanding you can port the priority only when EB2 140 is approved, then apply for 485. You cannot apply concurrently. Without EB2 140 approved priority date cannot be proted...my opinion!