Portability question

logx

Registered Users (C)
When should BCIS be notified about the change of employer? Should someone wait for BCIS to issue an RFE before notifying them? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

This is for a friend of mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Logx
You are not required to inform INS. My lawyer decided to wait till we get a RFE or interview , so we have not informed BCIS.
It depends on your friend and his lawyer.
Read the murthy bulletin in this forum

Either way is ok so far as regulations are not out yet . Some wait to inform because they can avoid an RFE .Some inform to trigger an RFE . Take a lawyers advice . But as we have seen in this forum before or after has not mattered so far.

Read in Murthy chat that informing the INS of company change does not always trigger an interview. They are of the opinion that it is better to inform the INS of change of job.

logx, if your job change involves changing state, I advise you "DONOT" inform, because change of state = definite interview. Otherwise, it doesn't matter, but why put your head in a lion's mouth? Stay quiet and happy (but yea AC21 guidance aren't out so who knows what crazy guidance they'll come out with later.)

If I were to change jobs today, I wouldn't inform.