Portability issue

gtracker03

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, I have a question. my current project at client site might be ending in couple of weeks. It has been more than 365 days my i-485 is filed (nov ,2001 at nsc). My current employer is willing to keep on pay (3 months ... he ows me money ..)
for sometime but he doesnt have a project for me work on currently.

If a get a job in next couple of days can I join a new job as a full time employee and still maintain status with old employer. My old employer does not have a problem with 2 employments at same time.

Do I need to file AC-21 since i will be still on old companys payroll ?

Is it mandatory to file AC-21 if you know that you are going change job after you get green card?

Recap :
Can I have two jobs at same time ? ( i am on ead now ..)
Do I need to file ac-21 when i go to new job ? while maintaining employment status with my old employer.

If a get a job in next couple of days can I join a new job as a full time employee and still maintain status with old employer. My old employer does not have a problem with 2 employments at same time.

Yes you can.

Do I need to file AC-21 since i will be still on old companys payroll ?

If you are still going to be with the employer who filed for your LC you don't have to.

Is it mandatory to file AC-21 if you know that you are going change job after you get green card?

No you don't, you do that only if you change your employer before your I-485 is approved. But if you change your employer immediately(or before 6 months) after you get your Green Card you may have problems later when you apply (if at all) for citizenship as your intention to stay with your employer is under question.

Recap :
Can I have two jobs at same time ? ( i am on ead now ..)

You sure can if you a valid EAD and your employement contract allows you to.

Do I need to file ac-21 when i go to new job ? while maintaining employment status with my old employer.

No you don't have to.

Hope this helps.

Balamani

Disclaimer:
I'm not a lawyer, pl. consult one.