Portability: Changing company

raj_tdh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am working for company A and company B (Which i never worked for) is doing my GC, for future employment.
It\'s been more than 180 days since i applied for AOS. Can i use the portability clause and change my GC company to company A.
Since i never worked for company B, will it be a problem?

Thanks

Which company address is on the pay stubs?

Generally company that is processing your GC would have you on their payroll. From your query it looks like it is company B. Since it is 180 days after ND/RD consult a lawyer and change over to company A.

No Title

Nope, i am on Company A payroll. I never worked for Company B, though they processed my GC (For future employment)

I don\'t think it\'s that certain

Without implementing regulations for AC21 I don\'t think it\'s certain that AC21 can be used in your situation. Be careful. Given the circumstances, and the consequences of a screwup, get professional advice on this.

Jim

greencard

I got my 485 Stamped on August 2001 at texas service center. I havn\'t received my greencard yet. REcent applicants are getting it within 3 weeks. I want to check if any body know the reason. If anybody is in my same boat let me know. I am planning to go to India in July and I need to restamp my passport. Do anybody know if they are restamping the passport at texas service center