Port of Entry Issues for people with criminal history

sivaa

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am starting a new thread to share experiences of people who have criminal records. INS introduced fingerprint scans for all people coming to USA.
pLEASE post your experiences and any advices. I have a shoplifting record and am planning to travel to India next month. Any problems at Port of Entry?

I am w/ a CIMT misdemenor criminal record too. Went to Mexico on a cruise ship in very late December. The re-entry process looked similar to one at the airport. However, no fingerprinting, I was also not asked any questins regarding criminal charges. I was on advanced parole and went through the secondary inspection. Had my court record and disposition papers with me but never put them to use.

Quick questions for both of you guys.....have you been fingerprinted at the time of your arrest?

JCC, yes I was fingerprinted and the case was dismissed in court as first offense. This happennend 7 years ago. Now my GC has been filed? ANy problem with that arrest?

Juvenile record Please Help

I was arrested as a juvenile (16 years old)for 2nd degree burglary and resisting arrest, I was fingerprinted, but there was no court. I have a paper form the Juvenile Hall stating that I have no record only and arrest record.

I know that FBI records for immigration stay with you forever.

I am currently applying for Canadian residency and wanted to know if anyone knows if this will hurt my chances.

All help is appreciated. I am 22 now and never been arrested since.
JAJA

DUi And US Visit

I am a permanent resident of Canada. I had a DUI in Minnesota which was lowered to a careless driving charge. I did not have to go to court or jail. Was released on paying a fine of $150. This was about 5 years ago. I have gone to US many times after that but never since they started fingerprinting in January. I am going to LA tomorrow.. will there be a problem at the border if a careless driving charge shows up? It was a misdemenour.. Please let me know. Thanks,

Molder

I have Petty Theft arrest record

I have petty arrest record(Mis dgree 1). Conviction droped through PTI. Now there is no conviction.

This going to be problem while entering at POE. Pl advise . I have to travel next month.

Do I need to take any papers etc.

Pl write your experiance.

I am also waiting for my I 485 ,interview.(Not yet received any letter,Pl advise if any body was sucess fully handle these situcations or even unsucessfull cases.

Any one with arrest record, did they had any problem at POE when you travel outside with GC (after receiving first time)

Also at POE, do they finger print people with GC (including new LPR)?

Thanks

Sunjr