Port of entry for immigrant parents

c_tej

Gurus,

My sister who resides in the DC area applied for my parents GC, which got approved last month. I live in SF bay area, am a GC holder(not a citizen). I was planning to bring my parents in January to live with me in the bay area. I have two questions:
1) I believe there are some formalities to be done at the port of entry for first time immigrants. Can they come along with me to SFO or do they need to enter US thru DC area airports(IAD)?
2) Any issue if they live with me or do they need to stay with my sister?

Thanks Much
TJ

c_tej said:
Gurus,

My sister who resides in the DC area applied for my parents GC, which got approved last month. I live in SF bay area, am a GC holder(not a citizen). I was planning to bring my parents in January to live with me in the bay area. I have two questions:
1) I believe there are some formalities to be done at the port of entry for first time immigrants. Can they come along with me to SFO or do they need to enter US thru DC area airports(IAD)?
2) Any issue if they live with me or do they need to stay with my sister?

Thanks Much
TJ
They can enter from wherever they wants. They don't have to enter from DC. Also they can live with you. My aunt petitioned for us who is in California. But we entered from New York without any problem. There are some formalities to be done at POE which can be done at any port.

coolcatiger said:
amishah

what is the link to check status online

thanks
Here is the link to check the status. https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp You can also open an account under your name, add all your cases (receipt #s of I 485, I 765 etc.) and set up an email updates which will email you whenever there will be an update on your case.
I always encourage people to visit/browse www.uscis.gov to get updates on laws.