Pork Chop or anybody, please help!

luckymachine

Registered Users (C)
I know it's not the right place to ask these questions, but I really need some info from visa experts, so thanks in advance here.

My questions are:

1. What's the new rule for F-2 visa?
2. Can F-2 visa holders study in USA?
3. Can F-2 visa holders adjust to F-1 in USA and without going back to home country?

Thanks a lot.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i confess i draw a complete blank here. partly because of the fact that i was never in statu pupillari here in the u.s., and partly because my own experience of u.s. immigration begins with H1B and then gets stuck in the i485 stage.

i do know for a fact that if you had entered on a B1/B2 visit visa, then you certainly cannot have that changed to F1, unless at the time of your entry to the u.s., you specifically informed the immigration officer of your intent to seek admission to a place of learning, in which case, your i94 would have an annotation, saying "intending student", or words to that effect. otherwise, you would need to go back to your home country to get a new F1 visa.

i just don't know if this applies to F2 visas as well. possibly somebody else with more knowledge on this might post a definitive answer here.

sorry!