Pontential path April 7th - Traveling April 30th, expedite passport will get in time?

kerberos72

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am trying to figure out what is the best method to request my passport. I have a potentil oath date of April 7th and will be traveling April 30th.

I have done some reasearch and see if you are traveling withing 14 days, you should definetely make an appointment to go in person.

My question, I would be pontentially traveling within 23 days, can the expedite process guarantee that I get the passport in time? is that why they ask about the travel date on the application? Should I submit the application with a copy my itinerary?

Thanks

Saul

Please find out your regional passport service center (not necessarily nearest one e.g. for Missouri, regional passport center is New Orleans, not Chicago though Chicago is nearest city) and take an appointment as soon as your oath date is confirmed. Usually regional passport centers have turn around time of 48 hours (to process application and provide you with passport).
Yes, you do need to provide them with itinerary.

I am trying to figure out what is the best method to request my passport. I have a potentil oath date of April 7th and will be traveling April 30th.

My question, I would be pontentially traveling within 23 days, can the expedite process guarantee that I get the passport in time? is that why they ask about the travel date on the application? Should I submit the application with a copy my itinerary?

Go to passport agency rather than just expediting through post office. Call the 800 number and take the appointment. They will offer you a list of dates - most likely the date available will be after April 7. Or keep calling until you get within the 14 day range. Usually appointments get booked fast, so do not assume calling 14 days before will get you an appointment. Start calling and see ... it is an automated system, you can always hang up if you do not like the dates you hear.

If you can get into regional passport office - you can get passport within 3 days, usually the same day or next. You have enough time ... as long as you are willing to travel to the passport office.

Thanks for your replies, they are really helpful, its a shame that the closest agency is 9hours away.

Then go expedited.
Alternate options are agents who will do it for you. Just google for "same day passport". Not sure how effective they are, check YELP. From what I have read, it sounds promising, but I do not have independent verification of this.