Poll_Post your status

Online Status Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DOL_0903

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Since most of us have seen the status online. I am creating a poll to see how many of us are in what status

:D Hi guys

My labour status is showing as CERTIFIED. Spoke to attorney to confirm but they have not yet received any letter. So have to wait till we get a hard copy...............

what does DATA REVIEW really mean?

It looks like most people got online status as " In process". Very few people got "Data review", including me. :confused:

In Process: Somewhere in the pipeline. Very broad category. Starting from when all your data is entered in database till all recruitment is done and all docs have been received in your file. The next stage is...
Data Review: Final review of file before approval/NOF. Expect something to happen anytime now.
Completed: Obvious.
Closed: Closed for no-reply to 45-days letter or whatever. Time to press the panic button.

NJsure said:
It looks like most people got online status as " In process". Very few people got "Data review", including me. :confused:
That means you're one stage of everybody else. Right before the final decision.

Are you sure? It seems to me 'Data Review' means nothing but they have your application alive. Mine was 'Data Review' and now became 'In Process' after responding 45 day letter. If someone responded 45 DL quite long ago and still in 'Data Review' (s)he probably should ask their lawyer to check it out.

gravitation said:

From 'in process' to 'certified'

Has anyone seen his/her status change in the last few days from 'in process' to 'certified' in the online database check? Just trying to see if it's being updated with approval data on a regular basis.

'Data review' is the first stage, when the file is entered in the system. 'In process' is second stage. 'Certified', 'denied' etc. will come after 'In process' stage. As somebody has mentioned 'In process' is a very broad category and probably 80% of the applications are in this stage, it can take upto 1 year(I'm being optimistic that BECs will close in 1 year) for the file to be processed.

gravitation said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to agree that Data Review is a later status

First, if there are a very few in Data Review state, that's a affrmation of belief that its a later state.

BEC can not be processing 85 % of cases all together.

And ... I tend to agree that Data Review is a later status :rolleyes:

Data Review - Its the First Stage

gravitation said:
In Process: Somewhere in the pipeline. Very broad category. Starting from when all your data is entered in database till all recruitment is done and all docs have been received in your file. The next stage is...
Data Review: Final review of file before approval/NOF. Expect something to happen anytime now.
Completed: Obvious.
Closed: Closed for no-reply to 45-days letter or whatever. Time to press the panic button.

Data Review - In this Stage the data from the application is reviewed for its completeness if it is then entered into the system.
In Process - Once data is entered based on the case types and state gets assigned to the Analyst, Analyst Reviews if satisfied send for Final Review to be certified, otherwise observe the findings and make a note for NOF
Final Review: Certifying officer reviews your file and makes the decision either to Certify, Deny or issue a NOF

if this assumtion makes you feel better than I will not argue, we have to wait anyway until it is certified. So it doesn't make any difference which stage is first....

Ghalib has said.

Humko Maloom hai Jannat kee haquiqat lekin

Dil ko khush rakhne ko Ghalib yeh khayal aacchha hai.

English translation:
I know the reality of the heavens
but since the thought makes me feel good, it's a good thought

DOL_0903 said:
First, if there are a very few in Data Review state, that's ....

85% of cases in process makes sense. Most people with approved LC's already moved to I-140 forum. So, we will always see more cases in process than being certified.

As far as I know, number of H1Bs issued were down to 65K a year for 2004 and 2005 from 165K from the previous years. Not every H1B gets GC sponsorship. I actually getting little optimistic about it lately as long as the rate of approvals continue. Based on the posts on this forum, PD dates moved from Jan 2003 to August 2003 within the last 2 months. If that pace continues, most of that RIR cases would be approved by January or February.

Good Luck. and wish that I am right :p

Hi WaitingForCalc,

I received a NOF for "Intent to deny" on the labor app today. It says, it seems the company did not hire a US guy though there were 6 applicant qualified for the position. My attorney is currently rebutting the case. Can U tell me what is the current status of your case? and what was the Intent of Deny about? What kind of evidence and documentation you provided in your rebuttal.

Thanks in advance

No search results when entering ETA Case #

My ETA case # search brings back no results. It's been a year since I received the 45-day letter and informed BRC. Any body else who sees similar issue ? How come the search is not bringing back any results ? Any ideas ?

New York, Oct 2002
EB3

My online case status says "certified". Local Congressman's staff, whom I had contacted for help w/ LC, also called me to say my case is certified. But I'm yet to hear from the employer or their attorney . . . .

Could you please tell us on what day of the week your status changed from 'In process' to 'Certified'. I'm just curious to know if they do a batch load kind of a thing at the end of the week and upload new statuses or is it they update the status as it gets changed.
NYRIREB3_11_02 said:
My online case status says "certified". Local Congressman's staff, whom I had contacted for help w/ LC, also called me to say my case is certified. But I'm yet to hear from the employer or their attorney . . . .