Poll: 4th EAD anybody?

Applied for 4th EAD on 12/15/03

Applied for the 4th EAD this Monday.

RD: 15 May 2001
ND:15Aug 2001
FP: Dec 2002

There is a 10th EAD

Men, you are rabbits. A guy is going to apply for the 10th EAD. A searies of stupid mistakes by INS and his attorney ruined their application.

BTW, I got my 2nd EAD but I had 3 EADs at school.

mylvka,

Question for you .. how did you manage to have 3 EADs at school ? Assuming that an EAD has a year's validity, did you renew it for 3 years ? I had never heard of that possibility in school ... boy! would I have saved a bunch in taxes !!!!

Offcourse, if you meant that you applied for 3 EADs during different times so that it totaled a year in validity, that makes sense.

reply to jaysee

There are a few kinds of EADs that can apply to students in school, like Optional Practical Training, Economic hardship and others. I applied 3 EADs because the INS has a stupid rule that the EAD duration cannot exceed a period (I don't remeber if it's a semester or a year) and maximum working hour cannot exceed 20 per week. So my total duration was only about one year. My OPT was valid from the date of approval but the time between RD and AD were lost. I only used OPT for 3-4 months and my H-1B was approved.

I applied my 3rd and my wife's 4th on 10/03 and received both cards yesterday. Thank God they use the expiration dates of the old cards as the start dates of the new ones. Mine 4/23/04-4/22/05 and the other 3/28/04-3/27/05. My I-485 ND 8/10/01. I hope we don't need to use the EADs. Help me God.

reply to mylvka,

That makes sense. OPT. BTW, I don;t think there is a restriction regarding 20hrs/wk when you are on OPT. As a regular student, you a limited to a max of 20hrs/wk and mind you, it is within campus.

There are a few kinds of EADs that can apply to students in school, like Optional Practical Training, Economic hardship and others. I applied 3 EADs because the INS has a stupid rule that the EAD duration cannot exceed a period (I don't remeber if it's a semester or a year) and maximum working hour cannot exceed 20 per week. So my total duration was only about one year. My OPT was valid from the date of approval but the time between RD and AD were lost. I only used OPT for 3-4 months and my H-1B was approved.