Police Verification from passport office in mumbai

korman

Registered Users (C)
Hi, My immigration petition has been approved and am waiting to hear from NVC on the consular processing interview date. Can one obtain a police verification from the passport office (PVPO) before getting the interview date? And can I apply for PVPO online or is it obligatory to visit the passport office here in Mumbai. Guidance would most welcome.

Also, since my birth was not registered, I have applied for Non Availability Certificate. Would this along with School Leaving Certificate Book (which mentions the date of birth) be enough.

Thanks in advance.

Are you residing in India ?
If not then get a PCC from the Indian Consulate with Jurisdiction over your city.

NKelkar, thanks. My wife and I reside in Mumbai. Do we need to visit the passport office or could it be done by obtaining the application form and couriering it to them (in case online is not possible). As for police, should we go ONLY to our neighbourhood police station or could it be from any police station in Mumbai? Thanks again.

Online facility is NOT available in Mumbai. It seems only Delhi has it and that too on a trial basis. So, one has to stand in the queue for two hours. Bad. But then this is how it is.

I have just applied for the PCC at the police commissioner office in mumbai. There is nothin we can do online. :(

Thanks. Is there any way to expedite matters. PCC application filed 27th August. The PCC was to be ready on 15th Sep. However, police say it is not ready and now.... they do not know how much more time it will take.:confused:

^ that's strange..

For me it was a piece of cake.....I applied on 21 of Aug08 and they asked me to come on 8 of sep08 (the stamp on the "pavti" said it..) ..
In between I got a call from local police station askin me to come down there with the papers (passport, birth certificate, ration card ..ext. They verified and forwarded the paper to commision's office the very same day.
When i went there .. commissions office my PCC was ready... but since i reached there early morning... 8 am but the officer there asked me to come after 2 PM. I waited until then and finally i got it.

I suggest u go to local police station and ask them abt ur "O.W" number and date on which ur papers were transfered back to comm.'s office.

O.W number is somethin called outward number... not much sure, but sure it did help the guy at comm.'s office to find my PCC quickly.

Best of luck!!!
-Mijac!