Police record ? Adjustment of status

Juju09990

Hello

I am preparing the i 485 form . I have a GC and my husband is canadian. I would like to know how can he get his police record ? Online or he has do send his finger print and send them to GRC?
Thanks

There is no need for a general police record for I-485. He only needs to provide the record of any arrests, charges, or convictions that he's had.

Hello,

sorry I meant , he will need that:
  • Certified police and court records of all criminal charges, arrests, or convictions regardless of final disposition (if applicable)
But he is in the US right now, so how can he get this paper ? From where? I am confused.
We saw there is a way to get it online by paying 75$ , OR he has to go give his fingerprints with ink on a paper that he has to send to a canadian Dactyloscopy company who is going to send his fingerprints paper electronically to the GRC( gendarmerie royale du canada) who is going to send a paper version by mail to us in the USA.
Is there any canadian who has one of this option ?
Thanks

If he has been arrested, charged, or convicted, he will need to provide records regarding each of those arrests, charges, or convictions. If he has never been arrested, charged, or convicted, he does not need to provide any police records with I-485.

I see , yes he has never done anything wrong so his police and court records are definitely clean!
But in the i 485 instructions, It says :

“11. Certified Police and Court Records of Criminal Charges, Arrests, or Convictions.

You must submit certified police and court records for any criminal charges, arrests, or convictions you may have. “

If I am not wrong, I still have to send a certified Police and Court Records? Because it says :”you MUST”?

It says "for any criminal charges, arrests, or convictions you may have". If you don't have "any criminal charges, arrests, or convictions", then this is satisfied without doing anything.

Ok thank you. I am currently filling up forma for his AOS.
it’s asking for “country of citizenship or nationality?
he has 2 nationalities, should I put both nationalities or just the one we will use for the application?

thanks