• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Police clearence certificate--------inside canada

emmka

Registered Users (C)

Hi Forum, quick urgent question: Anybody knows if the criminal record check police certificate (Name and DOB search based) issued by the local police inside Canada (e.g issued by the toronto police or Edmonton police) is ok for Immigrant Visa purposes?
I hope i do not need the finger print based check done by the RCMP. Any one that has done this from inside canada p'se advise ASAP.

Thanks.

since you are in Canada it shouldnt be a problem
you dont need a fingerprint

Police Records

Inside Canada: Applicants who are physically present in Canada should contact their local police service or Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) office regarding criminal record check procedures. Applicants may obtain a certificate of no conviction issued by any Canadian police service so long as it notes that Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or the national criminal records repository was searched using the applicant’s name and date of birth. Applicants should ensure that the search includes all names that they have previously used, including maiden names, prior married names, or names used before Canadian naturalization. (Note: Because records checks based on name and date of birth only are sometimes less thorough than those based on fingerprints, U.S. diplomatic offices reserve the right to request that certain applicants obtain fingerprint-based searches from the RCMP.)

Applicants who have been convicted of a crime in Canada must contact their local RCMP office to obtain a “Certified Criminal Record Check,” which lists an applicant’s criminal history, indicating the section of the Canadian Criminal Code under which the applicant was charged, the disposition of the case, and the penalty imposed, if any. Obtaining a Certified Criminal Records Check requires submission of a fingerprint chart; the RCMP could take between two and twelve months to process a request for a Certified Criminal Record Check. (Note: If a namecheck by a police agency reveals a conviction record, that agency may be unwilling to issue a certificate and may refer the applicant to the RCMP for a Certified Criminal Record Check.)

Canadian pardons have no effect under U.S. law. Applicants who have been convicted of a crime in Canada that was subsequently pardoned must contact an RCMP office to obtain both a Certified Criminal Record Check and copies of their pardoned criminal record. Additional information is available online.

Outside Canada: Applicants who are not physically present in Canada must obtain a Certified Criminal Record Check by sending a duplicate set of fingerprints (taken by a local police force) to the RCMP. Fingerprint submissions must include the following:
rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink (may use a standard FD-258 FBI fingerprint card)
full name, date of birth, and sex of the applicant
the name and address of the police agency taking the fingerprints
the signature of the official taking the fingerprints
the reason for the fingerprint submission (U.S. visa)
the processing fee of CAD 25.00 or USD 18.00, payable to the "Receiver General for Canada" by certified check or money order.

Fingerprint submissions should be sent to: RCMP, Civil Fingerprint Screening Services, P.O. Box 8885, Ottawa, ON, K1G 3M8. Additional information is available online.

Applicants who have been convicted of a crime in Canada should obtain a certified copy of court records from the clerk or registrar of the court in which they were convicted. Court records should state the section of the Canadian Criminal Code under which the applicant was convicted, the disposition of the case, and the penalty imposed, if any. Court records must also indicate whether the case was handled as a summary or indictable offense.

you welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see you are in the same boat as me(In canada, african DV selectee)....goodluck with the interview and share interview experience after you GET YOUR VISA on the 28th.

medicals

I'll certainly share my experience as soon as i get done...my interview is early May. Thanks Imahira for your prompt responses.

I'll have to travel to montreal a week in advance so i can do my medicals there because there is no designated physician close to where i live. I already booked the appointment...any tips on the medical????? Especially in regards to immunization records since i lost the records for immunizations done when i was an infant in Africa.

I did my exams this week and it was pretty good...
dont worry it, they will just ask you fews questions about your medical records, but wont ask anything to prove it...

dont worry it, they will just ask you fews questions about your medical records, but wont ask anything to prove it...

Can you elborate with example like what kind of questions will be asked during exams?

Oh really? So you did not get shots for the missing vaccination/immunization records?

oh about they vaccination, they automatically do it for everybody during the examination if you have your records or not...
about the questions : if you have high blood pressure, diabete, STD, Malaria, taking medication...blablabla
I had to make chest x-ray for tuberculosis
I had a blood test for syphillis

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will provide you with a list of doctors or clinics they have approved to perform immigration medical exams. Make your appointment as soon as possible so as not to delay the processing of your file.

Complete form I-693 Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status and bring it with you to your appointment. Some consulates require that passport-style photos be provided at your medical exam. Check to see if your office requires photos as part of your supporting materials.

Bring payment as indicated by the doctor's office, clinic or as directed in your instruction packet from the USCIS.

You will be required to provide proof of immunizations. If you have any records of immunizations (vaccinations), bring them to your appointment. The doctor will tell you if any more immunizations are needed and where you can get them (usually at your local public health department).

The doctor will examine you for certain physical and mental health conditions. You will have to remove your clothes for the medical procedures. If the doctor determines that you need more tests because of a condition found during your medical exam, you may be sent to your own doctor or to the local public health department for tests or treatment.

You will be tested for tuberculosis (TB). Applicants two years old or older will be required to have a tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray. The doctor may require an applicant younger than two to have a skin test if the child has a history of contact with a known TB case, or if there is another reason to suspect TB disease.

You will have a blood test to determine if you have syphilis (if you are 15 years of age or older) as well as to see if you have the human immuno-deficiency virus (HIV) infection.

At the completion of your exam, the doctor or clinic will provide you with documentation that you will need to complete your adjustment of status.

Read more: How to Prepare for the Medical Exam Required for U.S. Immigration | eHow.com
ehow.com/how_2116769_medical-exam-required-us-immigration.html#ixzz1HKpFtwQV