• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Police Clearance questions - South Africa

subywrx

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, I received the first and second NL letters so far and I am starting to put my I-485 packet together as I am doing the AOS route. I currently live in the states on an H1-B visa and dont plan on going home. I do need to get the police certification done here though and I am originally from South Africa. Have any of you had experience with doing it in the States? I know I need to get my fingerprints done and send the information to Pretoria in South Africa, but where can I get them done here in the States? Also if you have any other tips for getting going on the certification I would great appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

I cant help you but I suggest you check out another forum (sausa.org). There are lots of South Africans on that forum (in fact it is 100% South Africans) that are in the USA that will be able to give you advice for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey superkruz, thanks for the advice, that forum really helped and I think I found the answer to my questions.

No dramas Boet, where in the US do you live? I received my DV visa last week and now i have to start thinking about where in the US I should go. I am thinking of going to a place where there are some S-Africans so I dont feel too alone.

Congrats man, how did the interview process go? unfortunately still waiting for mine to become current and send in my packet this october due to doing AOS. I stay in Utah, very safe place and there are quiet a few South Africans here. The cost of living is cheap and great lifestyle, only problem is it can be a little boring unless if you like the outdoors. If you are looking for a more big city appeal I would look at Texas, either Dalls or Houston. I know there are plenty of South Africans that side and it may be a little bit more expensive but more similar to the South African atmosphere. Without the crime of course ha ha.

Fortunately the interview was very smooth. I know nothing about Utah but I'm keen to learn. What city/town do you live in?

Nope. I havent done anything along those lines. To be honest I dont have a clue where to start with job hunting. Are there any good websites you can recommend?

This is not right thread to post your requirement..
Samuel5028,
It is not a "requirement" (as you put it) but a "question". Who appointed you as the thread-police anyway?

In my view it was the right place for my post. I say that because someone asked me a question and I responded to that question (in the same thread). I then took the opportunity to ask a question back at him... this happens all the time in all forums/threads.

Some great websites to look for job openings would be craigslist and monster. Also if you google the State you are looking at for their newspapers that is always a great resource for current job listings. Good luck and let me know if you can help you out with any other steps, you are welcome to ask questions ha ha, always glad to help a saffer out.