Police certificates - local

Gwen

Registered Users (C)
After packet 3 is reviewed, what do we need to do? Do we need police certs from here in Atlanta where we have lived for 4 years?

Also -- when do they do security checks for Canada -- i alreadcy had all the police checks from RCMP -- what else do they check at this point?

When should we get employment letter ?

Originally posted by Gwen
After packet 3 is reviewed, what do we need to do? Do we need police certs from here in Atlanta where we have lived for 4 years?
No. You don't need PCC from local police stations in US. Actually you need no PCC from US. PCC is only required from other countries where you have stayed for a period of 6 months or more.

Also -- when do they do security checks for Canada -- i alreadcy had all the police checks from RCMP -- what else do they check at this point?
NVC will do name check, FBI check, if not already done in I-140 stage.

When should we get employment letter ?
Though there no such expiration date for employment letter, it is wise to get the employment letter about a month to two months in advance of your interview date at the US Consulate.

Thanks!

That was very helpful -- thank-you. At this point I am hoping I have all the information needed for interview. Do you know if the children need a tb screening?

And I believe security check is done at I140 level, but I could be wrong. Thanks so much.

It will be helpfull if you post your dates (from I140 - interview dates) for those who are currently in the same pipe. Thanks.

Re: Thanks!

That was very helpful -- thank-you. At this point I am hoping I have all the information needed for interview. Do you know if the children need a tb screening?
My guess is everybody needs to have the medical checkup. The applicable doc will decide, if TB screening will be done to the kid. I think it depends on all the countries the child has been in since his birth.

And I believe security check is done at I140 level, but I could be wrong. Thanks so much.

TB

the thing with the screening is that you have to get this scrape on your arm and then come back in 24 hours so I was hoping to get it done before I go if they need it done.

I have gathered all other immunization records and hope i have it all covered. Have a letter with lab reports from our doctor indicating that my husband and I are all up to date.

Thanks.

US consulate apponted physcians

the thing with the screening is that you have to get this scrape on your arm and then come back in 24 hours so I was hoping to get it done before I go if they need it done.

I have gathered all other immunization records and hope i have it all covered. Have a letter with lab reports from our doctor indicating that my husband and I are all up to date.

US consualte has a list of the physicians that are accepted by them. Though a letter from your doc in US might be helpful, you will still need to go through the proper channels(US Consulate certified docs), when you go for your interview.

Thanks.

Of course

Yes, but I thought that it woudl be important to give the U.S. consulate doc a verification that we had all our immunizations.

Re: Of course

Yes, but I thought that it woudl be important to give the U.S. consulate doc a verification that we had all our immunizations.
That will surely be helpful.

Good Luck.

Hi friends,

I am in a very confusion situation now. NVC entered my case in their system on Jan 10th, 2003. By march 10th, 2003 according to them 8 weeks are over, but still my case has not been reviewed. I called them and spoke with them, they are saying that they will bring this issue to their supervisor's notice and it will take 10 to 15 business days. I really don't know what's going on. Any one please advise me in this regard!!!!!!!. I am really getting frustrated :confused:

Thanks,