• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Police Certificates & Form Supplement 1 OF-169 Confusion

manfromafrica1

Registered Users (C)
I am DV2008 winner (AF501XX) so will become current late.

I am not clear as to the current position on both new ACPO Police Certifcates and instructions on OF-169.

I am a UK resident but with an African country of chargeability, therefore I require two certificates (one for UK and one for Africa).

On the 1st NL instructions indicated to obtain documents including Police Certificates at the earliest.

1. For UK I obtained the old £10 certificate, is this still valid and acceptable :confused: and how long for as it is not clear on the letter. Any contributions from London Embassy experiences welcomed.

2. More worringly, Supplement 1 to form of-169 was also enclosed which indicated that I do not require to obtain police certificate for my of chargeability as these were 'either not available or only obtainable to those present in that country'.

http://www.noueltaxrefund.com/State-Form-OF-169.pdf

Subseqently, thsi form has disappeared from the London Embassy website and when I inquired with KCC and UCIS I was refere to London Embassy.

I have written to London Embassy in Feb but no reply to date and their pnone contact is a high premium rate so do not want to take the chance in case its futile.

Please HELP / Any Suggestions or simmilar experiences???

:(