• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Polic Clearance

bddhk

Registered Users (C)
My nationality is Bangladesh but living in Japan. I applied from Japan for DV-2007 and My interview will be held in Japan.
I am living in Japan for 1 yr 7 months.

Do i need Police clearance from Bangladesh?
Clearance from Japan not enough?.............Any sugesstion?

Last edited by a moderator:
You need both, from your country and from Japan. But why didn't you obtain them before..?

My nationality is Bangladesh but living in Japan. I applied from Japan for DV-2007 and My interview will be held in Japan.

hello i am from bangladesh too but there is no police clearence mendetory for bangladeshi winners. i have got my second letter and on this, it is clearely (in bold letter) notified that iran and the country as list below no need police clearance where the name of our country is as listed. although dhaka consulate demand police clearance for it,but other consulate outside BD may not demand it for CP. i have just back from bangladesh and tried to one have from local Thana.thana OC helped me enough but DSP officer did tell me to verify it from home ministry and it will take time enough for that. you know about our country and hasle.

hello i am from bangladesh too but there is no police clearence mendetory for bangladeshi winners. i have got my second letter and on this, it is clearely (in bold letter) notified that iran and the country as list below no need police clearance where the name of our country is as listed. although dhaka consulate demand police clearance for it,but other consulate outside BD may not demand it for CP. i have just back from bangladesh and tried to one have from local Thana.thana OC helped me enough but DSP officer did tell me to verify it from home ministry and it will take time enough for that. you know about our country and hasle.

Can you please give the list of other countries, those do not require police certificate?

Thanks lot J&G for such good informations.
Actually i have tried to get it from Bangladesh but police told that i have to be present there if i want clearance. So it was impossible to get for me.

do try to get it anyway.

Dear LucyMO,

In our country i tried to get it but unfortunately they are not able to provide it. or if they able to write some what like police report one then it will take time to get it several months.
As on MY second letter,it is clearly notified that
" Police certificates are not required from IRAN,or any country on the following list:
so on list our country as bangladesh is also included with IRAN etc
the listed countries as below for your referance
AFGANISTAN
BANGLADESH
BULGARIA
COMBODIA
CHAD
EQUATORIAL GUINEA
HAITI
IRAN
IRAQ
LIBYA
MEXICO
MONGOLIA
NIKARAGUA
SIERRA LEONE
SOMALIA
SUDAN
TAJIKISTAN
TOGO
TONGA
UNITED STATE OF AMERICA
"Police certificate from these countries are available only to persons physically present in the country who apply in person"

ALBANIA
BARBADOS
ECUADOR
ERITREA
ETHOPEA
GUATHEMALA
INDIA
JORDAN
KUWAIT
MOZAMBIQUE
NAMIBIA
PARAGUAY
RWANDA
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
YEMEN

"Police certificate from the following countries are available only through the US embassy or Consulate .contact the US consulate office if you are currently are,or have been a resident of one of these countries:"
COSTARICA
FIJI
KOREA
NETHERLANDS
SRILANKA
TURKMENISTAN

NOTE. AFTER ALL THESE I AM STILL CONFUSED PERHAPES SHOULD I SHOW POLICE CERTIFICATE OR NOT IF SO HOW...:eek:

I know of cases when the country was on this list (Tadjikistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan), but people still needed to bring the police records.

But if you can't get it, then you can't get it.

Hi J&G and others

I'm from Bangladesh and my interview will be on August and also need police clearance certificate from BD. Could you please let me know, how long it takes to get it from DSP office? Who will verify it from home ministry.?

Thanks for your help.

I'm from Bangladesh and my interview will be on August and also need police clearance certificate from BD. Could you please let me know, how long it takes to get it from DSP office? Who will verify it from home ministry.?

Thanks for your help.

ARE YOU SURE YOU NEED It. is there any urgent notification of police certificate from consulate where you will sit for CP.i am still in quary to have released the clearance. so in this case i cannot give you solid news from DSP.
Here, in Ankara embassy do not demand Police clearance for iranian candidate and possibly our country as listed on KCC so i may possibly exempt of it.but i am still trying to get one from Bangladesh.

Thanks J&G

My interview will be in Dhaka but I'm currently in London, UK. My friend contacted with the local police station but they said I have to be present in person. They also said they won't issue the PCC, the DSP will issue it.

Do you have any idea, How long DSP will take to issue the PCC?

Thanks Again.

My interview will be in Dhaka but I'm currently in London, UK. My friend contacted with the local police station but they said I have to be present in person. They also said they won't issue the PCC, the DSP will issue it.

Do you have any idea, How long DSP will take to issue the PCC?

Thanks Again.

Dear Friend,
Ankara Embassy email me today as below.
"
Dear Sir,
Police certificates from Bangladesh are not required. If you have been living in Turkey for more than 6 months, then you are required to obtain a police certificate from Turkey.
Sincerely,
Immigrant Visa Unit"

Good news for you, but for me, since i'm doing it in Bangladesh, i'll need one.

Thanks again.

Yes deshifriend,

as you will sit for CP at Dhaka Embassy, they must demand it and i think you should go to BD 1 month before. To get your Police clearance, and i do believe you will get it within 2 weeks.

J&G

Hi everybody,
I have mailed to Tokyo embassy regarding police certificate.
They replied that i need not it from Bangladesh.