POJ, NMishra, Lastminute and friends please suggest

UnFort_User

Registered Users (C)
As this help is very crucial, i am troubling you guys again.

My wife uses her EAD for her higher studies. The current EAD expires March-2005.

I have been waiting for her I485 approval as my I485 was approved Sep-2004 itself. But her I485 case is still hanging on with TSC.

Mean while, I applied for her EAD renewal on Dec-2004. For that they issued a RFE on Jan-2005. I yet to receive RFE. When i contacted them, they have my old address in their system for my wife and kids, though i informed them a year back as soon as i moved to Dallas.

Now the RFE has gone to my old address. It will bounce back after a month to TSC..i have to call them again...big mess now. I beleive i cannot get my Wife's EAD renewed before March-2005.

Do you have any suggestion/procedure to know my wife's I765 RFE content. If i come to know i can reply back to TSC ASAP so that i can get my wife's EAD renewal approval before March-2005.

Do you know how to talk to an Imm.Officer directly. Customer section people are useless.

Please inform me at your earliest convenience.

I believe you can get an interim EAD at local office

UnFort_User,

If an EAD app is penind for over 90 days, the applicant can go to their local USCIS office and get an interim EAD issued. This is the case with regular apps. I am not sure what happens in case of RFEs. It should still be the same but I would find out from a lawyer or some other more experienced forum member.

Good luck.

saras

Dear friend,

First not to panic, My EAD is pending too and crosed 75 days... and still no aproval.

tell me when u filed 765 for spouse u did use the new address?

How did u learned about RFE?

Does online msg says RFE issued?

If you are checking online using SRC? did u get receipt on ur new address?

Is that mean they sent 765 receipt to new address and RFE to old?

Solution:

Because of time limit. it is painfulf situation. but can be solved

Try to confirm that old resident ppl received ur RFE.

Assuming u wrote correct address in 765 they sent to old , that is their mistake.

if RFE was returned to USCiS. that mean they would be able to sent u in new address. once they reconized the address prob encountered. keep calling 800.

Write a leter to TSC, explain them and request to update address in her 765 RFE. on your new address. attached all docs of her (Tommorow morning, sent it periority with return receipt confirm). you would get proof. within 7 days you will need it to claim interem EAD, read the following
make sure u make copies for all.

their rule says about interm EAD that Once 90 days are gone walk-in to Local office and claim,

BUT

I suggest don't wait and once u get the post office return receipt above one, try to go to local office immidiately and explain situation. u are now GC holder. and they would und. even they don't issue at that time but I am sure they will make schdl to come back with the doc.

Do try to send letter tommorow morning, within days(next week) u would get return confirmation post office receipt. walk-in (with/wihout appt). explain them and see what they say.

wish u good luck.

just don't panic, and be hopeful. everything will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi saras76 and POJ,

Thanks for your help.

I got my wife's I765 receipt notice to new address. But RFE to old address.

My wife's I765 online case status displayed on Jan 24-2005 that "RFE was sent on Jan21-2005".

I waited, but i never got it. On Feb 11th the status again changed to

"Document is made based on Approval or Registration of the case and send it to whom issued".

I guess my RFE bounced back to TSC. So, they resent it again. That's why above message.

Today i talked to Customer section lady. She was very rude. She says it is an approval.

I said it is a RFE.

She said wait for till March-11 then if it is wrong address...we will get it..you can contact us later.

I told her my wife need EAD very badly.

She said...many people are waiting in the que...pl put your phone...

What kind of woman she is.

I am worried whether she will screw my case?

Hi POJ,

Tomorrow i will send the Receipt notices photo copy along with my request to update my current address to TSC.

Should i inform Homeland Security using AR11. I am wondering whether they have updated or not.

If i use AR11...what would be my previous address. Becuase i am in the present address for one year.

is your wife a student? student may not need EAD

you mention that your wife need EAD for her higher studies. is she a student? a student may not need EAD for taking classes. I am not sure.

My wife is not exactly student...She is Redident (Medicine-MD).

Hi POJ,

The RFE issued on Jan21...never reached me.

I called Imm.officer one day...(Luckily custom section lady connected me to Imm.Officer).

She checked the system and informed me that, my wife's Address is Old.

Also, Congressman got the reply same thing...ie. my wife's Address is Old.

Did anyone confirmed RFE issued????

btw current msg shows (I believe 11 Feb). and I have feeling that this is approval of EAD and would reach to you by Friday.

but do send the letter to TSC in morning,

and don't worry, her case is already approved. :D now smile

Good Luck

I saw the online message and I got email to my account also that RFE issued.

If it is an approval.....wait for a big treat.

It seems that you are faced with a number of different issues.

First of all all non citizens must file AR11 within 15 days of change of address. This is a legal requirement and must be complied with.

If you change your address you must not only file AR11, but also call the USCIS customer support center and update the address for each case pending with them separately.

If your wife has filed for an EAD renewal more than 90 days ago, you may go to the local INS office and get an interim EAD.

For more details you should get in touch with and immigration attorney as I am not a lawyer or an immigration expert.

I think there is nothing to worry if your wife is not working.

If she does, be cool. Let the employer know the complete situation. In my case I offered to work for free, start billing once the new(or interim) EAD comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2 cents.

I have heard of cases where the local service center would not issue EAD even after 90 days since the application was filed IF there was an RFE. The count starts again(90 days) after the RFE response reaches the service center.

My Lawyer has not got RFE. Because i filed on my own.

I talked to an Imm.Officer. She said that, only way is go to Infopass and file I89.

Please share your opinion how to file in Infopass. Because there is no provision to select I89 in Infopass.

Imm.officer said that thogh there is RFE, it is still possible to apply I89 and it will take 2-4 weeks to get it. Is it true?