PMs

pianoplayer

Registered Users (C)
To all:

I just wanted to briefly address the issue of PMs. I have been flooded with PMs, concerning very specific legal questions about individual cases. Besides the fact that I am quite busy and have very little time to answer, these also present some ethical issues.

I am always happy to answer basic factual questions, provided that the person has demonstrated that he or she has done some research first. I do ocasionally offer an OPINION as to the merits of a particular course of action or decision, which may or may not involve some analysis. All these responses are subject to my general disclaimer.

It would be unethical for me to give answers to very specific legal questions regarding specifically YOUR legal case. First, I could not possibly give you a correct and well-researched answer, since I do not have time to do thorough research, nor do I have all the facts of your case. Second, I am NOT YOUR ATTORNEY.

Therefore, I shall no longer answer PMs directed to me. I will be happy to answer questions on the public forum when I have time. I apologize to those who have PM'd me recently, but I have decided that that would be the best and most ethical way to deal with it. Best of luck to everyone on here.

PP

Yeah, its getting really f***ing annoying. I even changed my signature to try to head people off.

Please note all PMs to me will be answered "ask the forum" from now on, or ignored. Nothing personal, but almost all questions are better off asked on the forum.

To all:

I just wanted to briefly address the issue of PMs. I have been flooded with PMs, concerning very specific legal questions about individual cases. Besides the fact that I am quite busy and have very little time to answer, these also present some ethical issues.

I am always happy to answer basic factual questions, provided that the person has demonstrated that he or she has done some research first. I do ocasionally offer an OPINION as to the merits of a particular course of action or decision, which may or may not involve some analysis. All these responses are subject to my general disclaimer.

It would be unethical for me to give answers to very specific legal questions regarding specifically YOUR legal case. First, I could not possibly give you a correct and well-researched answer, since I do not have time to do thorough research, nor do I have all the facts of your case. Second, I am NOT YOUR ATTORNEY.

Therefore, I shall no longer answer PMs directed to me. I will be happy to answer questions on the public forum when I have time. I apologize to those who have PM'd me recently, but I have decided that that would be the best and most ethical way to deal with it. Best of luck to everyone on here.

PP

Dude,

I feel your pain but I am still going to bother you...........(that is a joke, don't get mad, be glad!) It sucks you decide to stop replying to PMs the day I discover this board. I tried to post in the forum, but people seem to be ignoring me. My wife is a law student also, so maybe you have some kind of bond and out of the goodness of your sick twisted lawyer heart (I can say that, I am a medstudent and I have a feeling we will probably be butting heads or I will be paying you to defend me in the future) and help us out a bit. My questions are general and they should be easy for you. Feel free to be brief in your response as I understand how this could take up all your time.

I live in Dallas, and I am trying to get my sh!t together for the DORA program and I see you went through it. Just wondering if you have a list of stuff to bring to the appointment. I have called the general help line and the info they have given me conflicts with the info I see on this board.

To prove to you I have done my research, this is what I "think" I should bring:

I-130 with supporting docs (including the G-325As)
I-485 with supporting docs

Here is the tricky part:

Do I need to bring completed:

I-864 and the I -693? If so, can I just pick some civil surgeon off the list and show up asking for a physical?

Basically, I want to copy what you did and bring everything you did.

Any info is much appreciated,

Take care,

-Auto

Dude,

I feel your pain but I am still going to bother you...........(that is a joke, don't get mad, be glad!) It sucks you decide to stop replying to PMs the day I discover this board. I tried to post in the forum, but people seem to be ignoring me. My wife is a law student also, so maybe you have some kind of bond and out of the goodness of your sick twisted lawyer heart (I can say that, I am a medstudent and I have a feeling we will probably be butting heads or I will be paying you to defend me in the future) and help us out a bit. My questions are general and they should be easy for you. Feel free to be brief in your response as I understand how this could take up all your time.

I live in Dallas, and I am trying to get my sh!t together for the DORA program and I see you went through it. Just wondering if you have a list of stuff to bring to the appointment. I have called the general help line and the info they have given me conflicts with the info I see on this board.

To prove to you I have done my research, this is what I "think" I should bring:

I-130 with supporting docs (including the G-325As)
I-485 with supporting docs

Here is the tricky part:

Do I need to bring completed:

I-864 and the I -693? If so, can I just pick some civil surgeon off the list and show up asking for a physical?

Basically, I want to copy what you did and bring everything you did.

Any info is much appreciated,

Take care,

-Auto

Hi:

No problem.

The Dallas Office website used to have a good info section on DORA - it seems to have disappeared after the new website change.

Generally, you need to prepare for DORA:
I130, I485, I864, I693, G325A (one for yourself, one for your wife - note that these each have 4 pages each which are virtually identical, except that they are distributed to different places i.e. you must have 8 pages in the end completed.
Additionally, you will need all the supplementary forms and documentation these forms ask for (see forms and read carefully).
You will also need evidence of the relationship - use any joint documents/bills that include both your names e.g. joint checking/savings accounts, joint lease/mortgage etc, health insurance naming one spouse as a beneficiary etc.
You can also bring bills only in your name or her name, and match them up to show the same address.
We brought a whole album of photos of us together, travelling, with family etc. We also brought some cards, which we never showed.

You don't need ALL of this evidence or exactly the same evidence - just bring as much as you have.

With regards to the doctor, pick any one. Their prices do differ, so you may want to shop ahead. Make sure you do this a while before the scheduled DORA interview, as you must have passed the medical and have the sealed I693 in hand.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them ----- I will answer when I can, and others may chime in.

Best wishes

Hi:

No problem.

The Dallas Office website used to have a good info section on DORA - it seems to have disappeared after the new website change.

Generally, you need to prepare for DORA:
I130, I485, I864, I693, G325A (one for yourself, one for your wife - note that these each have 4 pages each which are virtually identical, except that they are distributed to different places i.e. you must have 8 pages in the end completed.
Additionally, you will need all the supplementary forms and documentation these forms ask for (see forms and read carefully).
You will also need evidence of the relationship - use any joint documents/bills that include both your names e.g. joint checking/savings accounts, joint lease/mortgage etc, health insurance naming one spouse as a beneficiary etc.
You can also bring bills only in your name or her name, and match them up to show the same address.
We brought a whole album of photos of us together, travelling, with family etc. We also brought some cards, which we never showed.

You don't need ALL of this evidence or exactly the same evidence - just bring as much as you have.

With regards to the doctor, pick any one. Their prices do differ, so you may want to shop ahead. Make sure you do this a while before the scheduled DORA interview, as you must have passed the medical and have the sealed I693 in hand.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them ----- I will answer when I can, and others may chime in.

Best wishes

Pianoplaya,

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. Where do you go to school? My wife goes to SMU and is a 3rd year.

Thanks again and take care,

-auto