Plz. share you travel experiences...

aptu

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am planning a trip to India this winter and I haven't left US after Sept 11. I want to know if Indians (in various stages of GC)have had problem at reentry. Please post your experiences and notes here. Thanks for your time.

-Aptu

==> Do not lock your baggage. If you lock the locks may be broken.
==> Do not carry any valuables or electronics. These days almost everything is available in India
==> Make sure you in status and carry all supporting documents including a recent experience letter from your current employer.

Have a safe travel.

Wish you a safe trip

After stamping, we had been to Bahamas for vacation and it was a normal passage back.

Keep the courtesy copy or a paystub to support just in case, otherwise I don't see any problems.

Aptu,
Nothing much to worry about...
If your GC is pending, carry all 485 related Receipt documents, [just in case] a valid AP, if u have used EAD etc, and you should be fine..!!
Good LUck

travel

If you are travelling on AP ensure that you carry at least 2 extra copies (to be given to the Indian immigration and any transit).
Carry all docs to claim support of your status, continuation of work etc.
Otherwise no major issues just that the verification of the AP is done in a separate room not directly with an Immigration officer.

Does any one have the format of employment letter that needs to be carried(to show at port of entry in case we need) if we are using AP.
Thanks in advance,

AP

Take all 3 copies of AP.....

While entering from Canada.. Immigration officer refused to let my friend in because my friend had only one copy of AP. They told him to show all the 3 copies.

so, next day his wife sent all remaining copies & then those stupid guys allowed him to enter.....

:mad:

Take all 3 copies of AP.....

3 copies??? we received only 2 copies from VSC and my spouse made a successful entry last week (back from India) with these.

sgi

sgi,
These days the BCIS is only issuing 2 copies of the AP.

Till last year, they would send 3 copies - 2 with your picture and one without. The one without was apparently for the airline. Now I guess u have to make a copy and given the copy to the airline.

I flew with AP on US carriers. They never asked a copy of the AP; they only verified the information written on the AP, typed something on the computer and returned it to me.

Sometimes it depends on the carriers also. I flew Virgin Atlantic, and at the Delhi airport the security folks for the airline (who were Indian) asked me for the AP. At that time I had 3 copies of the AP, and I told them that I need all 3, but they reminded me that one copy is for the carrier (the airline in this case). So I had to give my 3rd original (without the ADIT picture). They did however make a photcopy of the document that they had taken and gave me the photocopy.

Now it seems that the BCIS is only issuing 2 copies of the AP, so we can probably get away with giving a photocopy of the AP to the airline should they ask for it.

Maybe the software or database used by U.S. carriers can do more (in terms of linking to govt's databases for checking/validating somebody's status or papers) than those used by non-U.S. carriers?

Maybe .......

Would EAD work for reentry?

Would EAD work for reentry or AP is what they ask for? Many thanks for your replies

Aptu

Re: Would EAD work for reentry?

Originally posted by aptu
Would EAD work for reentry or AP is what they ask for? Many thanks for your replies

Aptu

EAD can not be used for reentry. You need to have AP.