plz help-- rescheduling of interview date

karand869

Registered Users (C)
My case sent to Montreal Consulate and I got my interview date for September. But due to sme reasons I had to postpone my interview. My lawyer sent the request for rescheduling interview to Motreal Cosulate in first week of October. My lawyer saying that I should expect my interview in mid feb 2003 or so. Plz guide me.

1 How long does it take to reschedule the interview date at Montreal Consulate?

2 How should I proceed?

3 Since my police verification for Indian Consulate and RCMP verification are more than 6 month old. Should I take new police verifications or old verification which I submitted with packet 3 would work?

I would highly appreciate the input. Thanks

somebody repond plz----

Originally posted by karand869
My case sent to Montreal Consulate and I got my interview date for September. But due to sme reasons I had to postpone my interview. My lawyer sent the request for rescheduling interview to Motreal Cosulate in first week of October. My lawyer saying that I should expect my interview in mid feb 2003 or so. Plz guide me.

1 How long does it take to reschedule the interview date at Montreal Consulate?

2 How should I proceed?

3 Since my police verification for Indian Consulate and RCMP verification are more than 6 month old. Should I take new police verifications or old verification which I submitted with packet 3 would work?

I would highly appreciate the input. Thanks

I have not dealt with the US consulate in Montreal. But I can share my experience(s) regarding your questions...

1>No experience...

2>You would proceed like if you would have gone for the interview on your first allocated date. I know about folks who have rescheduled appointments - no difference.

3>Reading posts on this and some other forums - in normal situations both PC and medical reports are valid for a year from the date of issue. I had asked this question to the US consulate in Sydney.

Cheers!

I wrote an e-mail to the Montreal consulate and got a response the next day.

My PC is more than 6 months old but less than 12 months. What Montreal Consulate saied that I do not equire a new PC from RCMP.

If you like, you can write an e-mail to Montreal Consulate at the following e-mail address:

Montreal-IV/DV@state.gov

You should provide your Case#, Name, DOB and POB.

So, to the best of my knowledge, upto 12 months old PC from India, Pakistan or Canada should suffice the need.

Cheers !!!