Plz advice to start LLC or Corp as a Sister Company to Foriegn Company.

user2876

I want to start a LLC or Corporation in the US which will be like a US division of the a company in my home country.

At the present time we are not generating any revenue and I would expect it will take sometime before we find customers.

However my company wants to incorporate in US through me because I have a Green Card and approach customers with my persence in US

Now my questions is what is the best option LLC or any other type. I am inclined to LLC because (and with limited knowledge I have) of the ease of the operation. As I will be the only one managing US division with my other full time job.

Next question is I would like to invite management and sales people from the company on a business visa to back me up in future. What do i need to do sponsor their business visa.

Does anybody know how much it would cost to start a LLC. what kind of paper work i will have to file. where do i file.

How much does it cost to maintain a LLC if i am operating from house.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
www.taxchampion.com

Hi,

I was browsing and thought of answering some of the questions.
You can't start an LLC if you want to establish a branch of your parent company. It has to be a corporation. But getting the documents from Parent countries like India are extremely difficult to setup a foreign branch here.

LLC state fee may vary from USD 30 - 300 according to the state you choose and the service fee may be USD 300 - 500.

I work for an accounting firm and we do incorporate in all us 50states.
You can contact me or someone in my office:
gowtham@taxchampion.com at: 510-441-2583.
or contact: www.taxchampion.com

Hi
I have in mind a similar operation: to open branch of service/marketing company working for global corporations. Mother company is located in EU.
My questions are:
Is it more economical to corporate a new branch or to open an independent office - meaning separate business? (LLC - according to your answer is not an option for sister company).
Is there any minimum of capital necessary (if so how much?) to open branch in the US?
How about to incorporate in the places like Delaware (tax purpose) even though the main activity would happened in different state?

Going through process of obtaining Green Card made me think that there have to be many obstacles for outside companies to come and open business in the USA, is that right?

If your firm is helping small business – how much it would cost to hire you and get this thinks solved?
I would appreciate any comments or advices.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

From our conversation here, it is obvious that I would have to hire a lawyer or CPA.
I met one lawyer and we had a quick discussion about this – he told me that I should be thinking only about opening a subsidiary – not a branch etc.- this would avoid possible law suit (responsibility) of the mother company, moreover I wouldn’t not have to disclose financial statements (mother comp) etc.

My question going back then – what obstacles would face a company from EU if it wants to open a subsidiary in the US (regardless on the state)?

What kind of “business friendly” laws in Delaware do you mean?

I also know that establishing company in the market is the real ”job” – in reality I’d do it only if the deal with US customer will go through…

ed