Pls share yr experience -- Visa Revalidation at Mumbai

joy9282

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I'm posting second time as I did not get any response earlier....Kindly share your views........

Pls see my case as follows and share your experience....

1) Got first time H1 stamped Feb-2001, came to US October-2002 (after one & half years)
2) No job from Oct-2002 to May-2003, so no W2 for 2002
3) on job since June-2003, having 7-8 pay stubs..and will get W2 for 2003 (But W2 will have much low gross earned income than LCA !!!!)
4) First H1 expired on Oct-2003, renewal with same employer is under process, expecting by Jan-2004.
5) Planning to go to India in Feb-2004 and planning to use drop box facility with Mumbai consulate, as u can see I'm eligible for the same.

Now, as per required documents listed on Mumbai consulate web site, I feel it would be OK to go to India and get second time H1 stamped, as they don't need any pay stub and W2s....

Kindly share your current experience with Mumbai consulate and especially through drop box facility. Do they ask for personal interview ? Is it advisable for my kind of the case to go to India for H1 stamping ??

Thanks in advance.......

I have had 1 H1's 1 F-1, and 1 B1 stamped in my passport from Mumbai Consulate. 1 H-1 from Montreal.

I have been in the US since 1991
F-1 stamped in 1991
H-1 in Montreal in 1994
used my 6 years , went back to India for a year.
Applied for a B-1 in sep 99 Got a 10 yr multiple entry.
Came back to US in Sep 99, got an H-1 changed jobs 3 times .
Went to India Sep 2001.
Used drop Box to apply for new H-1.
All they took from me was the I-797, No DS 567 those days.
Dropped off the Passport on Sep 10 2001 in the afternoon.
One person verified my documents.
Then went to the window. Gave my documents. All they took was my passport and Application form and I-797. Put it all in a plastic bag. Gave me a copy of my passport with their stamp on it. Blue Dart would not return the passport unless they have this copy.
Events happend on Sept 11, 2001 (it was late night in Mumbai that time) Luckily my application had been processed during the day and sent out by Blue Dart.
Received at 9.00AM Sept 12th. Yes my visa has the stamping date of Sep 11, 2001

Thanks ginnu & kelkar for your interest....

ginnu, I read the thread and as u rightly mentioned I have to decide on my own. I think I'll have to get it revalidated in US itself. Have you heard DOS asking for W2s and pay stubs here in USA ? Because that is what make my case weak.

Thanks again......

ginnu, I read the thread and as u rightly mentioned I have to decide on my own. I think I'll have to get it revalidated in US itself.
Have you heard DOS asking for W2s and pay stubs here in USA ?
----- NO DOS does not ask for W-2, employer letter on letterhead with date and your job title and skills in DETAIL is must and should be signed by employer and request should be made to issue you visa.
Check the link below I don’t know if anything has changed and follow the instructions from DOS:
http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html

http://travel.state.gov/revals.html