Pls help. question regarding EAD. very urgent!!!

prasad_mrp

Hi friends,
           I got laid of about 6months ago during the I-485 stage. And unfortunately, its been only 45 days after the ND of 485 application, so the whole process got lost. In the mean time, i got the EAD from INS. And i started working with a different employer using my EAD. And recently i came to know that, i cannot use EAD because my GC process got cancelled. Now i am lost. What should I do now? I am thinking of applying for a new H1. I cannot tell my employer about this because I might lose my job. Please tell me what are my options. I live in dallas area. So if you know any good lawyer who can help me, please suggest me.
Thanks for your time and help.
Prasad.

Do not give up hope

How do you know the GC process is cancelled? Did you withdraw your 485 application? As long as INS does not take any action in your case till 180 days you can use AC21 to switch jobs and continue the GC process!!
Check your status with the INS automated system based on your 485 Receipt number.
If your employer claims that 485 was cancelled, get ready to answer a RFE from INS with a letter from the current employer.
If the lawyer claims that 485 was cancelled, hire a new lawyer who is knowledgeable in AC21 explain your case, and file a new G28 with INS.
Diligently renew your EAD and AP.
Search for lawyer sites in the web and see who talks about AC21 ...

But i checked with INS Automated system

Jaxen,
      Thanks a lot for your reply. I checked with INS automated system and it says it cannot find any application with the receipt number on the 485 notice i received. In my case AC21 doesnt apply because the 485 process got cancelled before the 180 days time period. My question is do I need a new H1 or not?
Thank you very much for your time.
Prasad.

that is ok

i read comments from another guy who kept getting the message that his application was not found for more then 9 months. It doesn\'t mean that it is cancelled, unless your employer cancelled it. Call INS and check.