PLS HELP..Missed 2nd FP!!

hayward_gc

Registered Users (C)
Big problem...changed address in 2002...lawyer recvd 2nd FP notice in dec. 2003.. schedule was 01/30/04..lawywr mailed to my old address and it was returned to them by post ofice on 05/10..i just recvd the notice but i already missed my appointment..WHAT SHLD I DO NOW??? lawyer said to go and try to do FP..pls i need advice!!

wac 02073*****
RD dec 2001

You can try and explain the situation to the IIO at the local office. Be nice, polite. Let them know this is a genuine mistake and request them to help you out.

hayward_gc said:
Big problem...changed address in 2002...lawyer recvd 2nd FP notice in dec. 2003.. schedule was 01/30/04..lawywr mailed to my old address and it was returned to them by post ofice on 05/10..i just recvd the notice but i already missed my appointment..WHAT SHLD I DO NOW??? lawyer said to go and try to do FP..pls i need advice!!

wac 02073*****
RD dec 2001

hayward_gc said:

wac 02073*****
RD dec 2001

Local ASC can probably do it .. try convincing them, if they do not .. keep us posted ..

hayward_gc said:

wac 02073*****
RD dec 2001

People go ahead of time .. and local ASCs are fine with it .. try explaining your situation and they might agree .. which place are you going to ?

hayward_gc said:
scheduled in oakland,ca..im afraid they might consider the case abandoned..

Might be too late to ask -- but didn't your online case status change to reflect that they've sent the 2 FP letter ?
It might help others if you let us know what your online status is....

I also thought the usual dealine for missed FP appointments is something like 84 days - not sure where I read this though.

Let us know what happens

Sorry to hear this...

I have just looked at my latest 2nd FP notice, it clearly says that if the FP is not done on time and not rescheduled either then it is considered that the underlying petition is abondoned.

It has been more than 3 months already sice your 2nd FP was scheduled. I am not sure how you can manage this but don't give up try hard.

My online status for 2nd FP sent to me was never updated but once I did the 2nd FP status was updated to FP results received within just couple of days.

Please don't rely on any ONE of the following...
1) Online status - highly unreliable
2) Email notification - never received one even if opted for email in portfolio
3) Attorney's office - always invoice comes faster than my notices
4) Postal mail - your mail may be making rounds in your old address

You need to keep checking ALL the above.

Finally, don't even rely on yourself. Have some one handy like your wife/husband/friend to remind you of your daily chores related to BCIS since you lose focus once you are exposed to the ways of BCIS :confused: .

do not panic try at local ASC

My sister was in India when she received the 2nd FP notice and she did her 2nd FP 2 months later than her appointment at a differnet ASC than what is listed on the notice...all is well for her till now as far as the online status goes..it says fp results received.

Guys, i just went to the oakland service center and they did not let me do the 2nd FP..said it was too overdue.. instead they told me to obtain a new appointment by going to the SF district office..seems too vague..

would u think it will help if i just do fax inquiry and request for a new appointment?? PLS SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS...THNX!!

Try going to San Jose ASC ... they are so much more considerate! If they allow you , you should be done in about 15 - 20 min

Go to San Jose ASC..

San Jose ASC is much more friendlier than Oakland people. Go in the afternoon when it is not crowded.

Call up your lawyer and ask him if he knows such a case and what should be done now.

After this call NSC and ask them what could be done. This is a little tricky though as your case is in a grey area and you do not want some adverse action generated specially if you are working on EAD.

Wouldn't all ASCs have some rulebook that they follow ...

its very disappointing that different ASCs behave differently ...
what if you don't have more than 1 ASC where you live ....

there are lots of things that needs to be improved here :)

hayward_gc said:

wac 02073*****
RD dec 2001

Did you file AR11 regarding address change and updated home address in your file at lawyer. If you did so, you should get the FP notice at your new address. If it is not your mistake either request USCIS or lawyer to get the FP rescheduled and get it done. I do not think moving around different ASC is right thing to do. Good luck!

i had filed AR11 and certified mailed it..i also informed lawyer of address change but somehow they had overlooked and still send it to old address..

hayward_gc said:
i had filed AR11 and certified mailed it..i also informed lawyer of address change but somehow they had overlooked and still send it to old address..

Call the phone number listed on your FP notice and explain to them about your address change and request them to send another FP notice. It may work. Good luck!