Pls Help.....in Distress..........:(

cool_indian

Registered Users (C)
Hi.

Need help guys.. In real distress..pls help as i have to withdraw my 485 now...

I am single & had filed my 485 on Dec01 (under pressure) though i knew that i should wait to get married...My attorney suggested to wait but i had no option to file as things were not great in job.

Things moved very fast to my surprise after that. I got my Finger printing (FP) notice which was due on may 28th which i got delayed from INS. They gave me a 2.5 mths extension which is getting over on aug 15th.

Now the problem is that my parents still dont have a girl in mind for me till now & the time is running..i am somehow unlucky in getting the right girl & still have to wait till i go to india in oct/nov& till that time my 485 will be approved

Am wondering how can i get more time now.. Can I ask for a 2nd extension now. will they give me a 2nd extension if i ask for it. Secondly will 485 get approved as soon as i give me FP as i have come to know that both FP & 485 are independent process. The INS just checks from FBI whother the FP has come or not...

other wise worst to worst i would get my 485 cancelled and i am ready for it but what are the implications. do i start from labour again or my I-140 still valid.. I got my I-140 last July 2001. Does is it have a validity too..i have heard 1 year...

do u or anybody have an idea about this..pls help if u cann..i will REALLY appreciate it..

Thanks

Which State are you in? what is your service center? and what are the first few digits of your LIN #??

Thanks.

Hey :cool: Indian,

Why d'u worry. I know people who have gotten their FP done and then got married and submitted their spouse's case later (ofcourse before their's got approved).

In fact one of them (from VSC - as I heard), got approved too. The other case (who I know personally) filed this Feb. and got FP done in May and then got married and submitted his wife's application.

So, ask your attorney and go ahead with the flow. Be careful though, the CSC is moving the cases faster. (My friend has filed his in NSC - which seems to be slower).

hii.

Hi stillwaiting,

you may be right..but my problem is that last date of FP is due on Aug 15th..If I do the FP then there is a probabilty that i might get the approval in 1 month also as my original FP was due in May..I understand the FP is an independent process & INS gets the records in 2 days in CSC these days. My friends have got their approval in less than three month with their original FP date & mine will be a 2nd date anyway....

If the way 485 is moving in CSC I am worried that I might get the approval within a month or so.....:(

Anyway I am planning to ask for another FP extension & hope it will work...and atleast I will get 2-3 more months.....

Thanks

What a strange world...

Our :cool: Indian want's his process stalled (temporarily, though), and we (at NSC) wish our cases were processed as fast as the cases at CSC. Irony, Irony, Irony....

I wish you all the best :cool: Indian! Mind well, finding a life partner is more important than getting a GC. Contact your lawyer and ask him how u could stall or re-start ur processing.

Decision Time

cool_indian,

While your decision to withdraw I-485 may seem the correct thing to do now, you should be prepared to face the consequences.
Remember that I-485 petitions and Permanent Residence is all about intent. You should be demonstrating intent to live in the US permanently.
When you re-file you can almost certainly expect your case to be transferred to local INS and the fact that you withdrew once before could have serious consequences.
Check with attorneys and other forums to see if there are other cases where 485 has been withdrawn, refiled and approved.
IMHO, you should try your best to get your future spouse's I-485 with your current I-485.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
help

Hi,

Thanks for your advise..i know this decison will affect my GC process... I am also stil thinking about it... By the way my ND is Jan 4th,02. ..and if i go on Aug 15th how much time do u think i have to get married......any ideas........:(