pls help - I-485 questions

venkat_r

Registered Users (C)
I'm in USA for last 6 years on H1 and in the past I was involved in a home-based/MLM business.
Since my priority date has become current, I'm going to apply for AOS (I-485). Now my questions are:
1. What kind of problems the business may create in I-485 stage (if any)?
2. Is there any solutions to resolve those problems?

I'm very much worried, please reply.

Thanks

Ideally you can Operate a business, but not the bank account associated with that business.
So you will have to keep records to show that you did not operate the bank accounts related to that business.

However if you did Amway business, then you can say you only got referral money for some favor you did to some friends. But then the question will be if you have paid taxes on any money you earned accounting to more than $400. If all this is right -- You can argue on your case and live happily ever after. If not , face the dance.

Cheers.
N

Thanks a lot for your response!
Yes, it was Amway and I showed in my tax-return whatever comission I earned. But overall I showed some losses (including all related expenses etc.).
I'm discussing it with my attorney. Just wanted some feedback, if someone is in same situation (since lot of H1 are doing that shit not knowing what consequence it may have in the future).
Thanks again.