Pls Help. Approval notices never ever came in the mail

pceefan

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

after celebrating our online approval on the 22nd of July I am in a state of dissarray as our approval notices never came. we got a call from the INS 7 days ago saying that they sent the notices to the old address inspite of us doing all the address change formalites including calling the hotline and updatin the address. we changed our address on the 1st of July.

What are my options now? surprisingly the lawyer too has not got a copy of the approval notices? can i go the local INS office and ask them to stamp it (after checking on their systems)

Any help will be appreciated

WAC- 02-086-XXXXX

Your lawyer should be getting his copy sometime this week and keep checking with him.

Call the National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283 and check the option to talk to a customer service rep and explain to her/him about your case. Also check the address change option as well to cross-check if the address indeed has changed.

No need to panic. Just relax you should be getting your paper soon.

One think for sure in future (DON'T MISTAKE ME OR GET UPSET) is anything concerning with USCIS do not trust until you get the documents in your hand.

you should be okay. my lawyer got my approval notices after 2 weeks. You get a courtesy copy and he gets the original. Relax. you will get ur notices soon.

Same situation for me also. Several people have not received their notices yet. Seems like they may have not mailed it or missed mailing it.
This thread also has the same discussion.

You can just give it a try. Print out your e-mail approval notice and show up to the local INS office. Tell them your notice has been send to the old address though you files AR-11 and changed address with National customer service center. Tell them NAtional customer service center asked you to (make it up) go with e-mail confirmation. I don't see a reason local INS office rejects you as they can see your case has approved thru their system. I read in this forum somebody did the same way. Give it a try.

Get ur lawyer to call them

this happened for my EADs - they got delivered to my old address & were returned back to INS as no forwarding is allowed on INS mail...

I called lawyer & they called up INS & asked to fwd to a different addres...I received my EADs within a week...

Another question - have u changed ur lawyer in past?

Due to mergers/acquisitions etc our lawyer got changed 2 times - after filing of 485 petiton - INS sent the approval notices to the original lawyer who filed the 485s...This inspite of having EADs/APs done thro the newer lawyers...

so, if this is case for you, siggest you chk with ur previous lawyers as well...