Pls advise

chennaicpseeker

Registered Users (C)
Consular Interview ! Urgent Pls advise
Hi,

In the year 2002 I was on vacation for 5 months and was not paid.(of the 5 months I was in India for 3 months).
My W2s show very less salary. Will it be a problem at the time of the interview ? As such I am paid according to the LC salary in the year 2003 ,and my employer is willing to offer the same position after I get my Green Card.

Are there any red flags in my case ? Is benching too bad to be denied GC ?

Pls suggest !

Thanks

Benching is not a good idea more for the company than for the employee.

To start with explain the salary difference for that year only if asked...don't start the conversation unless asked. Obviously if asked..give a straight and frank answer and explain what the situation was and that the employer pay LC salary and will continue to pay the same.

BTW when is you CP interview? Needless to say post this question also on murthy chat to opinions!

Don't worry

chennaicpseeker, my case was similar to yours. I got GC in August.

During Year 2002, i took vacation to India 2 times, due to personal reason. First one was , 1 month vacation in March '02. and second was OCt, Nov, and Dec of 2002. So total 4 months !! I had no paid vacation. For the same reason, my 2002 W2 showing considerably less income.

Consular officer asked me about it during interview. Not about less income. But about long vacation. I was prepared enough to explain it. He asked me again, "your employer gave you such a long vacation". I said, Yes. He said OK. My attorney aslo warmed me that, it is very unusal to take such a long vacation. So I was prepared.

1. Prepare to explain logically
2. Never say or commit that you were not paid during bench or soemthing like that. Becasue that might be considered as Out of Status.
3. Keep your previous W2 and tax info
4. Take recent pay stubs, bank statements ..etc

I think , it should not be a problem.