Pls Advise How to Open Inquery W/ National Customer Center

voronv

Registered Users (C)
To whom who succeeded in opening the investigating inquery by calling to the National Customer Center: please share how did you manage it.

I might be not the best negotiator so I need an advise: how to talk to those guys in order to be treated as a human an get what you want.

Details: In May I filed the AR11 and simultaneoulsy called those guys requesting to put the change of address on pending I-485 and I-765 cases for me and 2 my dependants.
Result: 3 confirmation letters, 1 for me (RE: I765) and 2 for my daughter, one for each case.
After I posted this on this forum on somebody's request I've read the letters properly and found an error in my daughter's RE:I485 letter - they put my wife's EAC # instead of my daughter.

Understandably I called them and asked politely to email Vermont to investigate.
But the #?...... in a very hostile manner just cut me down. When I pushed her she just questioned me again and obviously sent another change of address request.
That was not what I wanted.

So experts, what did I do wrong? Is there any etiquette, a protocol, some magic words to make them do what they supposed to do?

If you have those, please post it here and also put in Q & A.

Thank you and good luck to everyone here!

RD: 04/18/2002
FP2: 05/20/2004
LUD: 06/16/2004

Dear Friend,
I am also in the same boat and I have called them three times and I had similar stories about NCSC. I generally used to call them in the evening at around 5.30pm to confirm the change of address as I moved recently and I had to go through real pain in the ass kind of people. My brother adviced me to call them on Thursdays and Fridays especially first thing in the morning as they are fresh and they will be interested to start their work on a good note.

If you call them in the after noon or evening they will be fed up with the number of similar enquiries and they will not be generally rude and not offer any help.

Good Luck to You......

Needhelp1

address change request

Hi Voronv,

I had also filed AR11 on May 7th and informed BCIS over the phone, unfortunately the lady took my call didn't seem to know what she was doing.

She asked me my file#, Name, DOB, previous address and current address. I gave her my 485 EAC# as my file#. Then she asked my what pending application I would like to update address on? then again I gave my 485-EAC#.

After finishing the call I suspected may be she meant A# when she asked me my file#?
Is it A# when they ask file #? Do I need to call them back and request address change again? Any thoughts?

any input will be greatly appreciated.
thanks,

-----------------
485 RD 28 oct, 2002,
ND 11/12/2002.
FP1 - 12/21/2002.
FP2 - ????

You've got it right: they ask your RECEIPT NUMBER

guywithoutgreen said:
I had also filed AR11 on May 7th and informed BCIS over the phone...
She asked me my file#, Name, DOB, previous address and current address. I gave her my 485 EAC# as my file#. Is it A# when they ask file #?

Hi guywithoutgreen,

No, you've got it right. They also asked me for my application RECEIPT NUMBER, that is EACxxxxxxx. I woudn't be surprised if they keep separate addresses for different cases instead of just using references (they need a good system architect there).

The best thing to do is change your address with the post office, and have your mail forwarded to your new address.

post office does not forward letter beyond a month

thanks yoronv and j4life95 for your input.

I have't received any kind of confirmation from immigration on address change. I am going to wait few more weeks and call them again to confirm if they have my new address on my 485 file.

J4life95,

post office does not forward letter beyond a month after the move. Do post offices offer some kind of service that I am not aware of for forwarding your letter for more than a month after you are moved?

thanks,

dont do this

J4life95 said:
The best thing to do is change your address with the post office, and have your mail forwarded to your new address.
USCIS mail will NOT be forwarded, it wil be returned to USCIS.

Happened to me ..... VCS .. FP2 for 6/18 .. got to us at 6/30 .. now we are thinking of trying to go to USCIS office wed to try our luck.

Hi Cheekoo,
Did you get any written confirmation back from CIS about your address change ?

Recently we have moved to a new address two months back and we have filled AR11 and also informed NCSC about our address change on I485 and we have got a written confirmation back from CIS about the address change.

Now I am concerned as my spouse LUD got updated twice last month and we are expecting FP2 or Approval or something from CIS and I don't want the mail to go back to CIS.

Needhelp1

FYE: USCIS mail CAN NEVER be forwarded

Cheekoo said:
USCIS mail will NOT be forwarded, it wil be returned to USCIS.
Happened to me ..... VCS .. FP2 for 6/18 .. got to us at 6/30 .. now we are thinking of trying to go to USCIS office wed to try our luck.

That's right: most USCIS envilopes have: RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED and often DO NOT FORWARD warning on them.

I wonder: why would anyone post a misleading answer to the subject he's not awared of.