Please Vote

Volunary submitting info to INS to avoid RFE?

• Yes (submit latest info voluntarily)

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No (I wait until INS sends RFE, if any)

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Not sure - undecided

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

helge

Registered Users (C)
What do you think about voluntarily submitting the latest employment and medical info to the INS to avoid an potential RFE and processing delay associated with an RFE?

helge

You ok in there man..
Who gave you this Idea..

There is no need of doing anything like this. how about guys getting approved with out the RFE..

Yes, you have to answer this question!

I was just curious to see what people in this forum think about it. If the INS will issue these RFE in more and more cases then I think it might make sense to send the info proactively. I am just afraid that I get this stupid RFE and get my approval much later versus without RFE.

Chief of Vahalla, GC_NC123, you are probably right and I think I am starting to get more and more paranoid. My one year anniversary is coming up (RD 01/28/2002) and I am disappointed that there is no flood of approvals yet.

The point is: do not send any document to INS after the original application is submitted unless you are requested to do so. The document sent in without a RFE in front will be treated as an inquiry. And its last stop is the garbage can, believe me. :D

helge

As far as I know, i dont think u can send ur infos like that to INS. Particularly, the Medical RFEs. The date in the medical form filled by the doctor must be later than the RFE issue date. May be if you want, you can keep other infos like PayStub, W2 ready with you.

And about this poll :D :D ...

If you want to be proactive, here's my suggestion:
Go to Vermont and find the INS Service Center (the address is on the envelope). Ask to meet an I-485 officer and then ask him/her if he/she needs help with finding and approving your case!
Who knows, you will get an approval on the spot? :D :D :D

Lets say u haven't submitted Tax filling then it makes sense to submit the info proactively just to avoid an RFE. IMHO.

Re: priya

Originally posted by sam99
What is IMHO?

I think IMHO-> In My Humble Opinion.

Helge:

I think either you have too much time to conduct polls and compare results or you are still not bored of this process and still have high hopes and thinking of beating INS procrastination with your ideas.
Let this process slowly sink in you and may you get moksha !!:) After that, getting a GC/No GC makes no difference.:D

Please don't post any more polls again.:(

Makes me go insane.

Yes, okay Roran to keep you sane I will not post anymore polls.

What is 'moksha'? I am European and have no clue what you meant.

Trust me I am bored plenty waiting for the green card! As a matter of fact, that is why I was looking for ways to avoid that the wait gets even longer (by avoiding to get an RFE issued).

Let's hope there will be a large number of approvals on Tuesday!

helge:

I do not know whether you know anything about Hinduism. Moksha in Hinduism means ===> attaining NIRVANA which means attaining sainthood after which the worldly pleasures do not matter.:)
Please don't tax your brains further.
Noone can avoid a RFE if you are destined to get one. I got one in 140 after 7 months waiting. It was for 1 year paystubs, 3 W2's , 3 Tax returns, Employment letter and what not. But, i got approved in three days after INS received them. It is all fate that I got one RFE againin 485. I am not venting here. It is all part of the game. Just take it sportively. huh !!:)

PS: Please remember to post a consoling messgae when I vent in the future ..:)

Helge is not the only one thinking of this. I read this post in
immigration-law.com

01/17/03: High Unemployment Rate, 485 Processing Backlog, and INS Request for Evidence of Employment

From the perspective of the INS, the continuing existence of petitioned employment or a new same or similar job as defined in AC 21 is a condition for adjudication of EB-485. When the nation's economy was good and unemployment rate was very low, the INS paid little attention to the evidence of such employment at the time of adjudication of EB-485 even if a substantial period had elapsed since the initial receipt of the EB-485 application. Therefore, people rarely faced RFE from the Service Centers requesting such evidence immediately before they adjudicate EB-485.
Now, the country's economy is really bad, producing massive unemployment. On top of the high unemployment rate, the processing of EB-485 takes much longer than it used be because of the security check, temporary freeze of 485 adjudication, and agency transformation. It appears that the INS is conscious of the problem of unemployment of EB-485 applicants, as exacerbated by the processing delays. Some of the EB-485 applicants may find in the mail RFE requesting such evidence.
Such mail will bring a mixed bag. It should be taken as a good news in that the INS is at least processing and adjudicating EB-485 applications. It is bad news in that such RFE will create another delays. It appears that some of the cases are transferred to the local offices that can verify such evidence at the interview. The situation reminds of the nightmare involving CIA clearance problems one time which created a mountain of EB-485 applications backlog, during which the validity of fingerprint expired (which is good only for 15 months) and the INS had to reschedule and process refingerprinting. This vicious circle created the EB-485 processing times not less than 24 months!
We certainly realize that the INS has a job to do under the law to prevent frauds. However, the situation can be better handled than RFE or transfer, which will further exacerbate the processing backlog problem. The INS may rather revive the earlier practice suggesting the EB-485 applicants to submit such evidence voluntarily and proactively.
-------------
It will make more sense under the circumstances. Additionally, it will disappoint the EB-485 waiters less who had to endure the pain of the recent adjudication freeze or halt and are currently in full of expectation that their cases be adjudicated soon!

Non-sense

At what point in time would you submit voluntary information about EMPLOYMENT?

Adjustment of status are now taking 18 months to be processed, therefore any information you submit can be considered out-dated and you will eventually get an RFE anyway.

Also, it is known that the INS is extremely incompetent when it comes to matching documentation sent later on to the original documentation that was sent when you first filed the I-485.